Class of 2012 Results Thread

<p>Saw it on other schools' forums. It's a nice way to keep all the info together, for those who are curious (next year's applicants?). </p>

<p>Here's a template. Copy, paste, and delete all the spaces inside the brackets:</p>

<p>[ size=+1][ color=green][ b]Decision: [ /b][ /color][ /size]</p>

<p>[ b]Stats:[ /b][ list]
[ *] SAT I:
[ *] SAT IIs:
[ *] ACT
[ *] GPA:
[ *] Rank:
[ *] Other stats:
[ /list][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]
[ *] Essays:
[ *] Teacher Recs:
[ *] Counselor Rec:
[ *] Hook (if any):
[ /list][ b]Location/Person:[ /b][ list]
[ *] State or Country:
[ *] School Type:
[ *] Ethnicity:
[ *] Gender:
[ *] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses:
[ *] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied:
[ /list][ b]Other Factors:[ /b]
[ b]General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc:[ /b]</p>

<p>Decision: Waitlisted</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I: 700CR 710M 680W
[</em>] SAT IIs: 630 English Lit, 610 French (w/o listening), 570 Math II
[<em>] ACT: n/a
[</em>] GPA: 3.4UW
[<em>] Rank: school doesn't rank
[</em>] Other stats: national merit finalist (I think I named CC in my top two for semifinals), 5 AP classes (3, 4, and two this May), a number of consistent extracurriculars, leadership, community involvement
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: Writing is usually a strength. Subject matter was risky: my CommonApp upload was kind of unusual and had more of a humorous (though completely non-offensive) tone, and my block plan essay...was about communism. Hah.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: I didn't see them, but good I figure. At least one was quite superb.
[<em>] Counselor Rec: I'm not sure. Mostly good, at least, but because she is new to our school we don't have a particular history or closeness.
[</em>] Hook (if any): ...CC lacks ethnic diversity? Other than that, probably nothing.
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: Colorado
[</em>] School Type: Suburban Catholic prep. CC has admitted at least 2/14 students between this year and last year.
[<em>] Ethnicity: Filipina
[</em>] Gender: Female
[<em>] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: As I recall, my SATs were above median, but CC doesn't weight scores as much as other schools do. GPA was a weakness (including an atrocious mark in a junior year AP course, and a bit of a dip in some other junior year grades--a crucial year!!), and the upward academic trend this year was not particularly strong.
[</em>] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: They probably thought I was a commie. ;) In all seriousness, your transcript has the most importance to your file in CC's eyes, and that happened to be my weakest point.
[/ul]Other Factors:
General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc: I had an alumni interview and visited, thus demonstrating interest. I don't know how the interview went.</p>

<p>Hats off to everyone for getting through this process, or, for being proactive! I hope this helps future applicants to get an idea of what they're up against next year!</p>

<p>Shifty,</p>

<p>Really sorry you didn't get in. Are you going to go through waitlist hell or just decide on another school? Your stats look good. Heaven only knows how schools make their decisions.</p>

<p>Aw thanks Canadianmom! I decided not to stay on the waitlist. I'm content with where I did get in, and there's no need to get in the way of more dedicated applicants. The most unfortunate thing about the waitlist, as I've heard, is that even if you are offered admission afterward, financial aid is grim. That's a huge factor for me.</p>

<p>Yes, I've heard that about FA at other schools. Well, congratulations on wherever you got in, and I wish you every happiness there!</p>

<p>Decision: Admitted</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I: 2250 (720M 730V 800W)
[</em>] SAT IIs: 800 Math II, 720 Lit
[<em>] ACT: 35
[</em>] GPA:4.0 UW
[<em>] Rank:1/700ish
[</em>] Other stats:7 APs, all 5s so far
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: Common App ok, I got a handwritten note saying they liked my block plan essay...
[</em>] Teacher Recs: Didn't see
[<em>] Counselor Rec: Didn't see
[</em>] Hook (if any): Legacy through parents, aunt, step-uncle... Don't know if CC considers that though
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: Midwest
[</em>] School Type: big public
[<em>] Ethnicity: white
[</em>] Gender: male
[<em>] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: Tests scores and grades. Didn't show too much interest (applied sort of last minute) but am definitely considering now, going to visit next week.
[</em>] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied:
[/ul]Other Factors: Trustee Scholarship + NMF Scholarship
General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc: Excited because they have intramural hockey!!</p>

<p>[admitted]Stats:[ /b][ list]
[ 2180 (710M 760V 710W] SAT I:
[ 680 US History 780 Math II 730 Biology E] SAT IIs:
[ 32] ACT
[ 3.98] GPA:
[ 13/233] Rank:
[ 3 AP last year (all 5s), 3 more this year] Other stats:
[ /list][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]
[ definitely not my best writing] Essays:
[ didn't see] Teacher Recs:
[ didn't see] Counselor Rec:
[ Asian from Oregon] Hook (if any):
[ /list][ b]Location/Person:[ /b][ list]
[ Oregon] State or Country:
[ Public] School Type:
[ Asian] Ethnicity:
[ Female] Gender:
[ test scores, strong course load, not enough leadership and school activities, not big awards] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses:
[ ethnicity, test scores, and course load] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied:
[ /list][ b]Other Factors:[ /b]
[ seems really nice, offered full tuition]General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc:[ /b]</p>