***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

Good luck to those on the bubble. If you are lucky enough to get NMSF then you are into the “automatic money” at some schools and have a 15 out of 16 chance of being a finalist which is “automatic money” at many more schools. But if you don’t catch that lightning in a bottle but still have these very high scores, then you play the competitive merit and or need based scholarship game. There is money out there for the bright, high scoring youths who will go after it

@brawny I am anxiously awaiting the State Summaries to get a better idea how my son’s “bubble” score will fare…

Anyone here waiting for the State Summaries to come out? I can help!

@3boystogo Yes, anxiously waiting! Son scored 213 in Idaho. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

@hsmomof3 Sent you a message.

211 was the highest ever in Idaho. So 213 seems have a high chance.

State summaries are out, guys! Can anyone help with the interpretation?

2014 reports are up!!!

http://research.collegeboard.org/programs/psat/data/cb-jr

Does anyone have a guess as the the commended score seeing from the summary that the average scores decreased from last year.

I got 214 in Arizona, could someone possibly interpret that with the state summary? Thanks in advance

214 is very good score in Arizona. Your chances are very good but you are not out of the worry zone. Arizona has never been higher than 214 for NMSF but it has been 214 three times in the last 10 years. Unfortunately, I think you will be waiting till the end. But hopefully Arizona will not set a new high score this year…best wishes

Okay, I looked at Arizona data chart and I think its gonna be very close. I hope I am wrong but it looks like the top 1% is going to be 214 to 216. Math scores seem to be up. I am not doing any kind of analysis except trying to estimate where the top 1% is. Maybe some of the math people on here can offer more accurate predictions.

My school has STILL not given us scores back. It’s a relatively small school, but with a good academic history, so our counselors (2 counselors, ≈500 to 600 students (combined)) have been busy IQ testing the top 1% of the PLAN test (sophomore pre-ACT) for entrance into Missouri Scholars Academy. I got a letter from TASP back in December, and applied, so my scores can’t be bad, but is this anywhere near typical?

@brawny77‌ So it’s gonna go up, most likely past 214? :frowning:

MA predictions? 223 last year and im hoping it will go down just one point! thoughts?

My dtr got a 225+ in Ohio so I’m hoping she will be a NMSF. I didn’t find the individual state reports to be helpful to predict cutoff scores. Past year’s scores from your state are more helpful.

Since the state reports have come out, does anyone have a better estimate for a qualifying score in FL? I have reviewed the prior years scores.

I’m thinking that FL will remain at 211 … The scores didn’t change much from last year. Possibly up or down one point but definitely no more than that. So I predict a 212 is a safe score.

@in2history - Did you not receive a code from collegeboard to login and figure out how to prep for SAT?

They sent them out back in early January.

I actually checked into the site and found out that they read my email wrong written down (a “b” instead of a “k”), which is only my fault, and not too surprising considering my poor penmanship. But I have since seen my score.