***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

Received our letter Saturday that DD is a finalist!! In Indiana

I have a quick question regarding the Finalist Status and its scholarship awards. I am a Finalist from MD. Is a National Merit Finalist guaranteed scholarship money/awards?

@theatermomof2 I got it in the mail on Saturday from NJ that I am a finalist. :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I was also chosen to be a finalist like many of you guys here, and I wanted to know how I could notify my RD colleges because I think it would help my admissions process. How should I do so?

Thanks @kunchandak. Congrats. My son did too.

D got her NMF certificate at her school on Friday, but she hasn’t received a letter at home yet. We are in southern California, in suburban Los Angeles.

@aznstate98 – Short answer, “no”.

@kunchandak – Depends on the school. I’d certainly email your regional admission rep for each school, and it’s probably a good idea to also call the admissions office and ask them how best to formally notify them. And congrats.

Got it down in the southwest!

Letter arrived in the mail today (Washington State) …still no word from school!

We got the letter in the mail today. Yet to hear anything from school.

Son got the good letter today in Northern California! Nothing from the school yet. Finalist despite one C and 11 Bs in freshman and sophomore years (buckled down and all As since then). 234 PSAT 2200 SAT 3.685 UW GPA.

My daughter’s school gave the NMF certificate to her last night during senior night activities for the boys basketball/girls cheerleading teams - very nice recognition.

I just heard yesterday. I first asked the school because I was surprised they hadn’t notified me, and an administrator told be I made finalist standing. That night I also got a letter in the mail saying I was a finalist.

My sister got her $2500 with 234/2380 scores and straight As. School will probably recognize her on the last night or something so she’s trying to find a way to get out of it. She’s beginning to get allergic to all the buzz around this thing too.

Does anyone know how many finalists get the $2500 thing and how those winners are chosen? Is it just about picking the most impressive students from a group of most impressive students from a group of most impressive students?