Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Thanks for all the feedback folk. The PSA program does not seem like a good fit for a Business Major from out of state (NJ). We would have loved to become an Aggie. We will be heading to Penn State (University Park) instead. Best of luck everyone!!</p>

<p>@gabyb96 With Blinn TEAM, students are co-enrolled at Blinn College (a community college in Bryan, TX) and Texas A&M. They can live on the A&M campus, can participate in all A&M activities (with the exception of sororities and playing sports), join the Corps, have their A&M ID, etc. TEAM students are required to complete 45 hours at Blinn and 15 hours at A&M (core classes) within 2 years and maintain a 3.0 GPA, before transitioning full-time to A&M. I’ve heard many students attain full-time status sooner than 2 years (b/c of dual credit classes in high school, credit by examination, summer courses, etc.). Another parent who posted here said TEAM students are actually encouraged to do this. </p>

<p>I don’t know much about PSA except you start out at a different A&M system school and are guaranteed a transfer into A&M in College Station, although I’m not sure after how long or what the required minimum GPA is. </p>

<p>@gabyb96 I think they will count it, but when you go - speak with them and make sure! I have to visit as well and talk with them over the phone for info. If you decide on Corpus Christi, like me, hopefully I’ll see you there! :)</p>

<p>Also I’m sure I already put this, but in case you didn’t see it, you only need 24 hrs to transfer after freshman year and keep a 3.0 GPR (not gpa, not sure what the difference is though) and you’ll get automatically transferred to College Station.</p>

<p>@momma2014 Thank you! That is something that was confusing us. I wonder if it is possible to transfer early into Mays?? Would love to get that info sheet from you. I am not sure how to pm on here…i’m new to this. :slight_smile: Private dorms are probably the route we will take. I graduated in '91 and so much is different!! What is your daughter’s major? This sounds so hopeful to us.</p>

<p>Do you guys know how long it takes for Jon to reply back? I sent him a message last night and he still hasn’t replied </p>

<p>Also what exactly is the email format for Jon while inquiring about your application? </p>

<p>robtybrad – I’m an Aggie Mom but a Penn State (Univ. Park) Accounting grad and you are going to love State College. College Station and State College are similar in many respects. Enjoy and Go Lions!</p>

<p>@gabyb96 I just found out if you have at least a 3.0 gpr on those hours you already have, it will count. :)</p>

<p>@Priyanka8 You can pretty much ask him whatever. He normally answers pretty quick. He’s probably swamped. Maybe you put the wrong email address b/c I emailed him at about 12:30 PM today for something and he replied in about 2 hours.</p>

<p>@Priyanka Im pretty sure hes just really busy because I emailed him last night and he answered me at 5 in the morning, then i replied because i had some questions and he never sent me another email, so i guess just wait or send him another one!</p>

<p>@kribri18 yay!! because i have 12 hours and i was planning on taking another 2 maaaaaybe 4 classes in the summer. If i take 4 classes and have the 3.0 gpr i would have already completed 24 hours, but i doubt they would let me transfer into a&M for fall right? but if i can’t do that my plan is just like yours, to attend the corpus campus for a year or if i could transfer to CS the second semester that would be great too! If so I hope i see you at the corpus campus as well! :)</p>

<p>@kribri18 oh is that so? Can you write down his email (perhaps I got something mixed up)? </p>

<p>@Priyanka8 Im pretty sure hes just really busy because I emailed him last night and he answered me at 5 in the morning, then i replied because i had some questions and he never sent me another email, so i guess just wait or send him another one!</p>

<p>@gabyb96 yep! i’m thinking of taking summer courses as well just to make sure i have enough! lol. they may let you transfer in the spring (definitely not fall), but I’m almost positive the deal with the program is that we do at least a year at the other school regardless if we already got the credit, but at least you won’t have to worry about not having enough at the end of the year! who knows, since they room PSA students together we could even be roomies! you can message me so we can keep in touch and update each other on all the PSA and corpus stuff going on if you want. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@Priyanka8 jon(dot)buchanan(at)tamu(dot)edu :slight_smile: good luck!</p>

<p>I am still on step 3 and it’s March 1st…
What do you guys think this means?</p>

<p>You are not alone. Second quarter with 1300 and still on step 3 with no major changes… </p>

<p>@Aggiehopeful2018 so am i! mine hasnt updated either but i emailed the guy that works at the admissions office and he told me A&M offered me PSA so i really dont know why it hasnt changed on my
AIS he told me this about 3 days ago!</p>

<p>1st qtr, 1290 SAT…still on step 3
well it doesn’t matter to me anymore…cuz I wanted to get into COE but its full…so yeah it sucks</p>

<p>@aggiehopeful2018</p>

<p>It means they didn’t meet the deadline.
Cuz all decisions- acceptances and rejections were supposed to be out by yesterday:]</p>

<p>However, when I emailed them about 10 days ago…they said feb end/ early march…looks like they knew they wouldn’t be able to meet the deadline.</p>

<p>Just hang in there mate.</p>