Class of 2021 RD Discussion

how do i know what my decision is?

@sliz191 Copied and Pasted directly from the email from UM Admissions :
The Admission Committee at the University of Miami has completed a thorough review of your application for admission and all supporting documents. You may now view your admission decision through your CaneLink account. Please log in to CaneLink, click on Student Center, and go to the Communication Center (upper right column) to access your admission decision.

-After that just click view on “Undergraduate Decision Mailed” and you should get your decision letter.
NB: You should do this on a laptop because it doesn’t load on phones (at least not on mine).

Best of Luck!

for everyone who has not received their decision yet, they should be posting tonight.

@NJ7300 have you heard anything yet decision wise?

@WWWard, agree 100%

@cbellamy1998 No not yet, hope that doesn’t mean bad news :frowning:

Don’t worry @nj7300 I have not heard anything either let us hope!

Accepted!

@snicks1234 did you just get an email?

Got an email today saying my decision was ready, looked, accepted. Very exciting. Saw my financial package. Got some merit grants, scholarships. Need every one of them.

Their cost of admission is right up there with the big boys. Yikes!!

@snicks1234 what time?

Actually my mom saw it first and looked. Around noon I think.

Could have been a bit earlier.

She called me about 3 pm to give me the good news.

@WWWard Could not agree more with everything you said. It is a shame that there is not more economic diversity on campuses such as University of Miami. I knew University of Miami was not a needs based financial aid school, but I am shocked at the sticker price, after financial aid. It FAR exceeds my calculated FAFSA estimated parent contribution. My daughter is also waiting to hear from USC this Saturday. Letters/packets go out tomorrow. Fingers crossed that both our kids have another offer such as this to consider!!

@indigo790 Indeed. And if so, I am betting that the FA package from USC actually makes sense in terms of FAFSA EFC or just real world common sense. UMiami could and should try to emulate that model. And it is not just USC… most elite (top-30) colleges that are also private universities do so… Emory, Vanderbilt, Duke, etc.

Certainly best wishes to those admitted by UMiami who can also afford the cost of attendance or who got offerings that allow them to attend cost-wise. That was certainly not the case for us in 2014 or again this year. Oh well…

my daughter declined her admission. hopefully that helps someone on CC who wants to attend UMiami achieve their goal… good luck

Did you hear anything? I didn´t :frowning: :frowning:

I did not yet @JessRoman