Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

Haven’t heard anything from the school yet. If the 217 cutoff for FL is correct, then my DS22 (SI 218) made it!!

3 Likes

FYI- https://www.oprfhs.org/news/1720062/8-oprfhs-seniors-named-2022-national-merit-semifinalists

3 Likes

We are in FL too with my daughter’s index 220 and heard nothing from our public school yet, though school year started 3 weeks ago

Wow, published September, 2! Our school did not say anything even privately…

Congrats on your daughter’s 220!!

1 Like

Anyone else in Massachusetts and still without an idea of what cutoff is / when notifications will be given? My daughter had to do the alternative entry because no PSAT was offered in our district, due to covid. I am not remembering what the timeline was for any of this when my older kid got it a couple of years ago. Kids won’t be back to school until Thursday after Labor Day. TIA!

10 OPRF seniors named 2021 National Merit semifinalists

2 Likes

If you get the OU letter do you think it means you made the cut?

My D22 qualified in Missouri with a 218! I emailed the counselor and she confirmed she’s on the list. The school is not planning to notify kids until 9/15 though.

3 Likes

Based on another comment from someone in California, it does not. The person said that they had a 218 in Ca, did NOT qualify, but received a postcard. That was terrible of OU to do. My son received a postcard as well in Ga and is still waiting to hear from his school.

My son got 216 in MO. According to Art, he should get it. Yesterday I asked the principal about it. Her reply was the letter is on her desk, she did not open it yet. So I didn’t get the confirmation. I guess I just have to wait until 9/15. Congratulates to all who qualified!

4 Likes

congrats! Do you know of any other SI for missouri who made it?

ok thats so awful! gets the kids hopes up!

1 Like

there was a post a few days ago that someone qualified in missouri with a 215 but the post was taken down so not sure what that means

I can’t find any information about MO cutoffs except Art’s site.

I know…maybe email him and see if he’s heard a report of 216 even if unconfirmed?

I don’t, I’m sorry. I was confused too since I had not seen any comments from anyone in MO -and then Art confirmed his reporting of <=215 was from Reddit. That’s why I decided to email the counselor.

ok I hope you find out soon!!

If AE was used to calculate the cutoffs, then the kids hurt were the ones who took the PSAT. The AE kids had nearly 5 or 6 chances to take the SAT vs the PSAT kids. In my city, SATs weren’t cancelled.

Am I the only one who thinks this isn’t right?

3 Likes

I’m sure you aren’t. I wondered why they didn’t have to just submit the first SAT they could take. That would have helped for fairness.

But I also don’t see the National Merit people not understanding this either. They have the scores in front of them. There may be some hybrid way of figuring it out this year. Who knows. I just don’t see them deciding that the PSAT takers will be the losers.

4 Likes