Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

@pdxtigemom, congratulations!,

Son received acceptance letter from UMichigan today. We couldn’t make it to the live audition because of the snow and cancelled flights and submitted a recorded audition instead.

Such great news, @pdxtigermom ! Does he have a top pick?

Excellent news @pdxtigermom! Congratulations!

@pdxtigermom - double congrats! Always nice when they have choices!

@akapiratequeen probably not Michigan. I already returned everything including hand warmers

Congratulations @pdxtigermom!! We were actually wait listed at UT. I’m not sure how long the list is or how it quite works, but I guess it’s better than a “no.” :slight_smile:

Congrats @pdxtigermom : hard work paying off…

@BassonMom2019 “waitlisted” definitely is better than a “no”

Waitlisted means that if someone accepts somewhere else, you’re in! Good luck.

@pdxtigermom - Congrats on the two admits! I thought we all had to wait until April? :slight_smile:

Did everyone hear from Michigan? I didn’t realize they notified so early.

Wow, what a day @pdxtigermom --congratulations!!!

@akapiratequeen - my son has not yet heard from Michigan. His jazz audition was 2/1.

We are still waiting to hear from Indiana and S auditioned back in January. According to another kid, some have heard already - had anyone heard from IU yet? S did hear from Temple (Boyer) and got in! And academic merit scholarship too! (fingers crossed for talent $$ as well)

Great news @Lendlees! That’s a terrific admit!

Trying not to clock-watch now that auditions are winding down, without much success. It doesn’t help that everyone around here is talking about where their kids are going and asking me about S. Give me strength …

Congrats @Lendlees and @pdxtigermom! Wonderful news!

I love refreshing portals that I know won’t be updated for another 1 to 4 weeks. Very fun hobby. (I would probably be completely nuts if son didn’t have two results already). At least I’ve only had a few moments of panic about the decision to skip the last audition weekend (so far).

Son has finished 4 of 6 auditions and my stomach is already in constant knots waiting on results that I know won’t come for another 3-5 weeks. Ugh. He was pleased and got great feedback at 3 of his 4 auditions. The one audition that was the “safety” he said he totally bombed which just adds to my hand wringing. He did however have a pre-audition lesson with his preferred studio teacher at that school and was told he just needed to show up basically. The school was a late add and the prof pulled some strings just to get him an audition time (which he then proceeded to bomb at, LOL)

Anyway great to see so many positive results here. Good luck to all!

Congrats on the latest acceptance letters! @BassoonMom2019 I know many talented musicians who were on waiti lists for some colleges last year and ended up accepted, so just be patient and positive!

I assume some colleges make admission decisions on a rolling basis, so don’t fret if you applied to a school that some have already heard back from.

Good luck with the “waiting game.” I have to say February is flying by so maybe things will go faster than we think? Trying to think optimistically I guess!

@AmyIzzy I feel like time is crawling! It seems like we’ve been doing this for ever. Wait — S did his first sample lesson/college visit in September of 2017, as a junior, so it HAS been forever! Trying to relax and focus on other things, which may be easier when he gets past the final audition this Saturday.

I can’t believe I thought my other kids’ college applications were a painless process. Next to this, they were cake. Only time (and admits we can afford) will tell if it’s worth it, I guess.

In the meantime, Happy Valentines Day to all!

I feel all of your pain on this waiting game! I thought the research, school visits, applications, prescreening videos, live travel planning and live audition trips was going to be the hard part. But I think the waiting over these next 6 weeks is going to be the death of me. If I never post on this thread again, you will know why!