Class of 2027 Undergrad/Class of 2025 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Auditioned first audition in Nov and heard Dec15

Son is home for Fall Break! He is loving taking mainly music classes. Bc of his AP/Dual degree credit, he only has to take one non-music class which is great bc we hear things will amp up between sophomore and junior year as a double major! Eeek!

But he also already performed in his first concert this month! It’s a benefit of going to a college with no graduate school so there are more opportunites for undergrads!

He loves his studio! hope all is well with everyone! Here is my YouTube video I promised https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yew5_78O3M

8 Likes

@BoyFluteMom just want to comment on the use of the term “double major” in the video. Do you mean “double degree”? Or both? The essay “Double Degree Dilemma” in the Read Me thread here on the music forum is helpful is distinguishing these two different paths.

1 Like

Yay!! I am so happy he’s having a great time! And you made it to Fall Break!

And great video-- I am sure loads of people will benefit from it. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks! I spoke so fast, brain going 50 miles a minute, I might have conflated the two! Doh! In context, I was more likely referring to Double Degree, when you’re doing to distinct programs and going for two degrees: My boy for example, if he goes through it will earn a BFA in Flute Studies and a BS in Biology.

Thank you!! Hope yours is doing superb as well! I just rewatched it too! thanks for watching!

oh and thank you so much for watching!! Hope your kiddo is doing well!

Ditto- my son got to perform with Time for Three after only a few weeks because no grad students. :slight_smile:

In response to your inquiry, my daughter auditioned for Berklee Dec 5th and received her acceptance letter and scholarship info December 16th.

1 Like