Class of 2027 Undergrad/Class of 2025 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Those are all likely questions, I would think. Thanks for the reminder that he should have a question or two ready for them!

2 Likes

USC offered a different time on the same day. We need a whole different week! :slight_smile:

That sounds amazing! What an awesome adventure. My kid sent his UNT prescreening videos from the airport on our way home from Miami.

Thanks. There had been an email in late December about record number of applicants, please be patient, etc. Website says all auditions should be scheduled by Jan 7th, which is today. Can’t imagine they’ll be answering emails on the weekend, however.

2 Likes

my son’s experience was that the questions are similar everywhere…I’d have him be ready to talk about an experience or two that was particularly important to his development as a musician, definitely a “why this school?” answer, and then be ready to talk about what his hopes/plans are career-wise.

6 Likes

Good luck @CollegeBond007, and keep us posted!

We heard from Boston University on Dec 24 for voice (yes, xmas eve, very surpised lol). Drinking eggnog and listening to prescreens!? We’ll take it regardless, my daughter has never been to Boston! Very excited for that trip regardless of outcome.

I’d definitely contact if you haven’t heard!

My kid is trying to resolve a conflict right now for U of Denver. If she can get that done, I think we’ll be set. One local, one only doing online only (but she has a sample lesson now thank goodness), and 4 weeks of travel, 2 flights, 2 road trips. 7 schools total.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. These are the questions we would anticipate, so I’m hoping they will be along these lines. Berklee actually gives a good general list of questions to prepare for, and I’m thinking the BC may follow the same pattern since they’re all under the same umbrella. My son is a strong performer but has ADHD, so it’s more effort for him to organize his thoughts for interviews.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard from Eastman about the piano prescreen yet? Our son got results from Mannes and Boston Conservatory in mid December but is still waiting on Eastman. They did say it could be mid-January, so it’s not late, I guess. We’re just going crazy trying to coordinate travel plans for all the February auditions.

1 Like

Anyone heard from Blair for voice Regular Decision?

A while ago, no, for cello.

1 Like

Also waiting on voice RD. But their website says results will be given by Jan 15 so they aren’t late (though challenging if the Jan 28 audition date is what you’re shooting for, like us).

2 Likes

Did anyone else apply to Yale for voice? My D hasn’t heard from them yet and is starting to worry. I haven’t seen it mentioned so I’m thinking we’re alone in this but just curious

Still waiting for a piano MM Yale response here, best of luck to you and yours :four_leaf_clover:.

2 Likes

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well!

1 Like

You and yours as well! Still waiting for BU prescreen.

2 Likes

Any suggestions for an affordable hotel near Mannes? My husband will be traveling with our son. I know NYC will be pricey. Just looking for something safe and clean, nothing fancy.

We are still waiting for Eastman as well - voice. DD did get a pass through from BU on Christmas Eve and NW recently. My DD loves Eastman - this waiting is so hard, especially knowing some have actually heard from Eastman already.

1 Like

Which instrument? Or is it voice? I know different areas have different dates.

We heard from Eastman voice already but it’s MM. maybe it’s different for undergrad.

2 Likes