Class of '21 ~ Who's Applied and Who's Been Accepted?

ah, hopefully will have a decision sometime this week.

Student Gender: Female

Home State: NC

Date Applied: January 09th

Date Accepted: January 21st

Have you visited the campus?: Nope

Major: History, maybe.

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes

Career goal(s): Law

Any else you’d like to mention: I qualify for a Presidential Scholarship.

Student Gender: Male

Home State: MA

Date Applied: December 28 (?) I forget

Date Accepted: January 23

Have you visited the campus?: My brother has, he loved it

Major: Capstone School of Nursing

Career goal(s): CRNA

Student Gender: Female

Home State: DE

Date Applied: 12-9-16 (fee waiver wasn’t in till 1-11-17)

Date Accepted: 1-12-17

Have you visited the campus?: no :frowning:

Major: nursing

Applying to the Honors College?: yes

Career goal(s): neonatal nurse

Any else you’d like to mention: just recieved a letter informing me I got the presidential scholarship today :slight_smile:

Student Gender: female

Home State: PA

Date Applied: Jan. 31, 2017

Date Accepted: February 7th, 2017

Have you visited the campus?: not yet

Major: Criminal justice B.A.

Applying to the Honors College?: no

Career goal(s): paralegal position

Any else you’d like to mention: nope

Student Gender: female
Home State: TX (near Houston)
Date Applied: last year
Date Accepted: last year
Have you visited the campus?: Yes, they did a great tour…really impressed with Dean Sharpe at honors college
Major: Chemical Engineering maybe a second major in music or theater
Applying to the Honors College?: Yes
Career goal(s): Chemical Engineering
Any else you’d like to mention: If you have never visited UA or Tuscaloosa, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised just like my family was. We still have one more college visit before my daughter decides.

<<<
Any else you’d like to mention: If you have never visited UA or Tuscaloosa, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised just like my family was.
<<<

this sort of thing gets said over and over. :slight_smile:

When my nephew visited Bama a few years ago, Bama was near the bottom of his list (Calif boy with UCLA, UCB, UCSD and Santa Clara as his top choices). When he arrived at Bama his eyes were as big as saucers. He was blown away. Bama moved to #2 (UCLA was still #1 because his GF was likely heading there as well). He ended up going to UCLA but still talks about how much he loved Bama and would have gone if UCLA hadn’t accepted him and his GF (soon to be wife)

I went to the university for 2 weeks and went there to stay four years. Let’s just say I withdrew after everything I saw. The university is absolutely beautiful. My roommate also withdrew and went back to Philly, and I went back to Chicago. The third roommate almost withdrew also. I pledged a fraternity called Alpha Kappa Lambda (Popular one) and I withdrew my bid and left the university from all the horrific things I saw. When my mom called them they said that on average, 200 people per day withdraw within the first couple of weeks. Crazy right? You can call them and ask them if you’d like. The school does a great job of marketing, but my experience was absolutely miserable. Watch out from the University of Alabama. @mom2collegekids helped me and she was the reason why I went. She is very helpful and everything she said was true. After I settled, I realized I wouldn’t last 4 years, and I was not going to put a burden of my parents to struggle to pay the tuition. Good Luck to all.

^What did you even “see”, lol

Student Gender: (daughter) F

Home State: AL

Date Applied: Oct 2016

Date Accepted: Oct 2016

Have you visited the campus?: Yes, several UA sporting events, plus Early College for 2 summers

Major: Civil Engineering

Applying to the Honors College?: Accepted

Career goal(s): Civil Engineering

Any else you’d like to mention: Presidential Scholar, Camp 1831, Delta Initiative

Don’t put too much into whatever @ivyleague2 writes…some of his stories just do not add up…

<<<<<
Please Chance me

SAT: 1560/2400 (Old SAT, 2 years ago)
SAT: 1510/1600 (New SAT, taken March 2017)

[QUOTE=""]
03-22-2017 at 5:43 pm Is it possible to go 300+ points in 2 months? Strong, hard, productive practice. I am currently at around an 1160 and I need to get around a 1460.

03-22-2017 at 6:06 pm
I haven’t taken the test in 2 years @HRSMom. I am a freshman in college and I am taking it again so that I could transfer to better schools. I didn’t study for it at all beforehand either when I took it the first time (Only time)
<<<<

[/QUOTE]

But another person caught on…

[QUOTE=""]
03-24-2017 at 10:36 pm How do you know your march sat scores if they aren't out yet? @IvyLeag@IvyLeague2020 <<<<<<

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm…

It’s hard to believe that he actually went to Bama for 2 weeks, particularly when he claims that his mom contacted Bama and Bama told her that 200 students drop every day. Lol…Sure…2000+ freshman drop the first 2 weeks! What a fantastic imagination!

^^^
BTW…I did get the straight scoop from Bama about how many freshman drop. Typically about 200 (out of 7000 freshmen) drop after the first SEMESTER (not each day). The reasons can be many…poor grades (this is common), homesick, unaffordability (divorce, NCP won’t now pay, job loss, etc), depression/anxiety typically flares up at age 18, etc. Some leave once they find out that there really isn’t a path to getting instate rates (this happens at many schools…parents THINK their OOS child can get instate rates for soph year and then find out that’s not happening). Some students miss their boyfriends/girlfriends who are going to school in another state…and parents let them transfer out.

There are a few students who do leave after the first week or two, but usually that’s because the tuition bill is due and the family isn’t prepared to pay it (job loss, loan not approved, magical thinking, whatever).

There are kids who just aren’t yet mature enough to “go away” to school. They may party too much, play video games too much, think that they don’t need to study that much, can’t get themselves out of bed for school, can’t manage life skills. Many parents will not continue to pay when the resulting grades are not adequate. Some do give their child a “second chance” and if spring semester grades are not ok, then the child leaves at that point.

Anyway…the 200 students a day claim is outrageously wrong (and anyone with simple math skills could have figured that out), but I wanted to get the straight scoop from Bama.

I think we should unpin this thread, and once the application is open for '22s, start a new one.

Student Gender:M

Home State: Florida

Date Applied: mid August

Date Accepted:mid September

Have you visited the campus?: no … Distance Learning

Major: ME

Applying to the Honors College?: no… completed at local community college (Santa Fe)

Career goal(s): unknown at this time…

Any else you’d like to mention “non traditional” student and ROLLLLLL Tide

Are you a transfer