Class Sizes

<p>The opposite of most people, my very shy daughter (also very accomplished and bright with stats that reflect that) prefers large classes over small, where she can observe, absorb, reflect privately and get her work done without a lot of demand to speak in class or interact one on one with professors. In fact that is why she has left Sarah Lawrence College (with very good merit aid) and is considering NYU and Baruch (psychology major, most likely).
We toured Baruch today, and I caught a very good vibe (though I know the presitge of NYU is drawing my daughter). Can anyone tell me about class sizes at Baruch?The bigger the better!</p>

<p>I can sympathize with this, I always liked bigger classes too. I’m in my junior year at Baruch in the public affairs school but I think class sizes are more or less the same throughout the college. I’ve had a couple very large lectures of between one and three hundred, one was the general psychology course which I believe is required for all students (maybe no longer under the new pathways system, I don’t know too much about that). Other than that most all of my classes have been between 35-10 people, usually on the higher end. I wouldn’t worry too much, in all but the smallest classes she should be able to get away with staying quiet without having her grades impacted.</p>