Clemson Class of 2024

@TheNextChapter they never tried the hack.

My daughters changed in the hack indicting a possible acceptance back in December, she never received anything in the mail. Tried again 2 days ago, before they shut it down, and it was the same. The Tiger Town link worked 2 days ago, showed her intended major and incorrect dates, like others saw. So not sure the hack was ever that accurate?

@HokieCrazy I will let my brother know you are impressed with Dartmouth admissions site. Maybe Clemson can take some tips!

My assumption would be she got in but she is setup to go out in this wave of mailing (or they mailed and it got lost but then I would assume she would receive emails about)

@Heather29301 I tried putting in random numbers but didnā€™t get that response. I got no CUID on file. I can put any numbers in the activation numbers box though.

@kd3304 I believe that the activation code input box was the one @Heather29301 was referring to in her posts.

Hmmm that is first confirmation that all donā€™t say ā€œdoesnt matchā€. Saying none on file would mean they havenā€™t sent any letter yet

@kd3304 you are the first person weā€™ve heard of not getting the ā€œactivation token is not the one on fileā€

At this point I am just anxiously awaiting the Instagram/Twitter post that letters are mailedā€¦ Hoping very soon :slight_smile: We have a 2nd visit planned for February 15th, but will not go if we have not received our letter by then.

@drewh02 MA. you?

@drewh02 I like the non-hack related thread, so Iā€™ll tell you about my sonā€™s interest in Clemson. Honestly, it was mostly a throw-in application for him. He has never been down there, the CS program is ā€˜mehā€™ compared to his other schools he has applied to, but he has a lot of friends that grew up in Clemson families, and it has been described as a similar feel to VT, which is my alma-mater and a place he has been to often. Now, heā€™s been accepted, merit scholarship awarded, and the Calhoun Honors college has gotten him excited (decision outstanding). So, weā€™ll see how it goes. He has no clear #1 school on his list, so anything could happen.

@drewh02 We have a Clemson graduate and a Clemson senior now and one in high school playing the waiting game now. My now-graduated son went for architecture and better weather (we are from NYC area). Ended up loving it and now lives in Greenville. My daughter followed and will graduate in May. She has had a phenomenal experience with a great education and excellent internships (she is a Graphic Comm Major). As parents, we love the education our kids obtained, the people, the campus, the environment, the safety, the region. Nothing is perfect but we experienced 3 other colleges with our other kids and Clemson has been the one we are happiest with so far. Good luck.

Ok, to change the subject, does anyone know how generous Clemson might be with providing need-based financial aid (other than loans)?

Yes letā€™s talk about something other than the hack. Why Clemsonā€¦ my daughter also recently had a very good visit to UTKā€¦ which I would feel good about sending her to despite some of their poor rankingsā€¦ I think itā€™s a great option for herā€¦ but if the opportunity to attend Clemson presented itself it would be hard to pass on. I know she lit up on the campus and we had almost a teary moment at the end of our tour with our guide. The campus is attractive but also well designed and you can make sense of it quickly. I think itā€™s just such a good size and so much community and school spirit (great town and gown relations supposedly) and she always wanted a little sweet college town. She doesnā€™t mind much that there isnā€™t a lot around but she likes being close to a bigger city like Charlotte or Atlanta. Like the lake vibe. The warm, positive community feel we got from Spring Blitz as well as the academic reputation, the weather etc make it very attractive. The Graphic Comm program she is looking at it very unique unlike anything I know of as well and all students get Adobe Creative Suite and the connections with the industry leaders in technology in that realmā€¦ They have incredible stats on job placement and all internships are paid. No one has ever said they regretted attending. Every parent I have talked to said oh how fun it is to go see their children there. I spoke to a former Clemson track coach too and he had wonderful things to say about the school and recommended it to us without hesitation. Also we are longtime ACC fans and my daughter would love to be attending an ACC school. I would say the only negative thing is the hands off admissions process and the way in which they seem to put so much emphasis on the numbers and donā€™t evaluate extra curricular or essays but that formula seems to have worked for them. Because you get the impression that their student body are very engaged and not focused solely on academics.

@katcap What is UTK?

@katcap My son will go to UTK (University of Tennessee at Knoxville for those wondering) if he is not admitted to Clemson. I can testify that the Graphic Comm major at Clemson is awesome. My daughter has had a ton of great opportunities because of it. And donā€™t forget Greenville is a great small city only 30 minutes from Clemsonā€™s campus and it makes for a great day trip for good shopping and eating. Also the natural beauty of the lakes and mountains provide a lot to do outdoors. Good luck!

@HokieCrazy UTK is University of Tennessee Knoxville
@pegagain Yes ā€¦ thanksā€¦ have heard great things about GC. I think DD is nervous about the science so I hope that aspect isnā€™t too tough for her but I think the minor in Brand Communication is a good option too. I have not checked out Greenville and hope I have a reason too!

we are anxiously awaiting Clemson and child will go there if admitted. If not, child is in between auburn and UTK. For the two contemplating UTK if not Clemson, why did you not consider auburn?

@studentn1320 VA. @HokieCrazy I felt the same way about the program. I knew it was a fairly nice school and I have family in Columbia, so I visited Clemson on my way down to Georgia Tech and loved the campus feel. Upon return, I decided to apply for the university and Calhoun; Iā€™m still waiting to hear back. I feel the same way regarding the #1 school option. Financially, UVA or Tech is my best bet, but I will definitely be considering Clemson if I receive merit scholarships and am accepted into Calhoun. Congratulations to your son!

@drewh02 Iā€™m OOS as well! UofSC was actually my first choice for a while, I was very anti Clemson until my best friend, who is a freshman there this year, told me to at least check it out, so I did because I had this feeling, I visited and fell in love, there is no place Iā€™d rather be, but if Iā€™m meant to go Iā€™ll get in, thatā€™s whatā€™s keeping me sane right now