Clemson Class of 2024

My daughter just received her acceptance in the mail today to the Tiger Summertime Bound program. Is there any way to get the summer program waived?

Stats

ACT 30 Superscore 31
Weighted GPA 3.097 which has now risen to 4.039 after mid year grades

My daughter tried the waitlist hack and it says ā€œthank you for your interest in Clemson, to confirm your spot on the waitlist please confirm your interest.ā€ Does this mean shes not getting accepted?

DD just received her ā€œTigerboundā€ package in the mail and it says she is receiving a scholarship! She is so excited! We are in NY
Good luck to everyone still waiting on the mail delivery

@ā€œmom.3.xā€ where are you from? My daughter wants the summertime bound program and got Bridged instead. Ugh

I just checked the USPS informed delivery. Small white envelope. Guess we will know if itā€™s a denial or waitlist at 3pm. We wonā€™t accept waitlist because Clemson was our #3 and a reach. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Whatever happens you will go to college somewhere and have the time of your lives and find your university home.

When my son was accepted in November, the acceptance envelope did NOT show up in informed delivery. We live in MA and the envelope arrived on a Mondayā€¦the letter was dated the preceding Wednesday. Best of luckā€¦college is about what you do when you get there, not necessarily where you goā€¦

Iā€™m in CT and Tigertown Bound envelope just arrived.

My understanding of the Summer program is that it is a requirement for those offered. It usually means that Clemson considers the student deficient in some core courses that they need. I know one personā€™s child that went and loved it. Gave them a heads-up on the other freshman and started out with a 4.0 GPA. That said, it is not inexpensive. But if you turn it down, I think it becomes a decline.

Just received a waitlist envelope saying to confirm interest? Does anyone have any experience with the possibility of acceptance at Clemson or how I can further express interest other than confirming online?

@mom.3.x can you try the waitlist hack and tell us what it says if your daughter got an acceptance?

My son was accepted in Nov. the acceptance letter stated he would receive a merit scholarship but not the amount. I think if your acceptance letter makes no mention of merit, then you are not receiving any.

FYI ā€” I am 99% sure that USPS informed delivery only scans post card and normal letter envelope mail, so I do not think you will see the large Tigertown Bound envelope scanned in. That has been our experience anyway.

Thank you. Yes I am familiar with a similar program at my sonā€™s school and I know most students who attend love itā€¦ Since she already received several acceptances form other schools, and is waiting on a few more, Iā€™m afraid this will sway her away from Clemson. I do get the advantages to the program, I just know she wonā€™t want to give up her senior summer.

That is no where close to the data Iā€™m seeing from Clemson. If Iā€™m reading it correctly, last year almost no one that waitlisted got accepted.

Iā€™m glad to hear she has several options. Good luck and I hope she chooses the best one for her.

Looks like it depends on the year. If you look at Common data Set for 2016-2017 there were 1794 offered waitlist 659 accepted a spot on wait list and only 3 were admitted off the wait list.

However in 2015-2016 2249 offered wait list 790 accepted a spot on wait list and 783 admitted off wait list.

In 2014-2015 2418 offered wait list, 895 accepted and 10 were admitted off the wait list.

@RidleyBCHS, right And the data Iā€™m seeing for 2019 is showing only 6 accepted and 4 enrolled out of over 2,500 on the wait list.

My daughter received her letter on Saturday. My informed delivery that morning said ā€œThere is a piece of mail that we do not have an image forā€ā€¦that was it!

All you can do is add your name to the waitlist and see how it plays out.
Past stats are not a 100% indication on how it will work out. Maybe it was 6 accepted one year and 800 years agoā€¦all of this is totally out of our hands.

Just have another school decided on so your child is coveredā€¦

Absolutely correct. I just wanted everyone to know that it is not as much a sure thing as the original post indicated. And it is important to have other options as well.