Clemson Class of 2024

Congratulations @sctigermama3! That’s soo exciting. My daughter just got the Tigertown Bound packet today too - performing arts/music! We are on Cloud 9!! We are in the Atlanta area and very excited over here. We are keeping our fingers crossed for you @roxnyny!

@sctigermama3
@kd3304
Congrats to all! We’re in NY so hope to hear something in the next day or two!

Anyone else who applied for nursing major get Preprofessional Health Studies (UD)? D was accepted but applied to the nursing program and got this Preprofessional Health Studies major instead.
Now we’re trying to figure out if it’s worth the risk to try to change majors down the road if she accepts, since she’s set on nursing. Can anyone provide any insight on the process?
We’re OOS and there was no mention of merit aid.

I have heard it is very difficult to transfer into nursing. If she made direct admit programs that is where I would sen my child

Do you mind sharing the dollar amount your daughter was offered last year?

@krutledge25 @CollegeorBustNE I agree that I’ve heard it’s very difficult to change majors into Nursing once there and if she’s set on Nursing and has other Direct options, take that! We have a friend who’s daughter attempted to change into Nursing at Clemson and it didn’t work out. Very smart kid, good grades, mom is a Dr. but it was just too competitive and spots are limited. Call the Nursing school though to be certain. They should be able to give you specifics.

Thanks so much for that insight!! That really puts it into perspective -we don’t want to delay this process or spend more money than necessary, that’s for sure. I think she’ll most likely accept elsewhere where she’ll be in her nursing major. It’s kind of heartbreaking to get accepted but still not get in.
I did email the nursing dept., too, just for clarification, though I’m pretty sure you’re 100% accurate on that situation. Thank you!!!

I think it’s true with a lot of competitive majors. My D was accepted into Clemson for Engineering but University of Maryland only accepted her for her 2nd choice which is undecided. So Maryland crossed off the list now because it doesn’t make sense to go to a school that didn’t accept her directly into Engineering.

Anyone know whether it would be difficult to switch majors once accepted as a freshman and try to get into the business school ?

[/quote]

Do you mind sharing the dollar amount your daughter was offered last year?

[/quote]

We didn’t bother in the end. They questioned her S.C. residency as we had lived abroad 2011-2013, and the paperwork was insane. They wanted all our cars history and paperwork from years ago. We were back in S.C. 2013 to this day but they still questioned it.

I do know from a friend that they pay $10,500 per semester. Top ten, Palmetto fellows. The only difference between them and my daughter would be a valedictorian award which was probably $1,000-$1,500?

FYI Clemson has a calculator this year, so I put in my daughters major in, Wildlife Biology, plus I did the Core A expensive housing, unlimited food with 200 points, the palmetto scholarship at $5,000 per year, and it came out at $11,500 per semester. The list showed every fee except textbook. (Her letter did not mention any merit scholarship)

Regarding major switches…I would imagine trying to change to your first choice after getting accepted for your second would be hard. It would depend on how many decided not to accept Clemson in the end. My friends son changed from Physics to Economics half way through first semester, freshman year.

so my son got the same reply a few days ago , but no email to follow, does it mean he was not accepted?as a parent I’m confused

what is the hack ? confused

Did he receive his Tiger Town Bound packet? Packets were sent 2/1 according to Clemson posts on social media

Anyone have older kids that are part of the CUBS Business community?

My son is in the business program and we wanted him to do the CUBS program so badly. He chose not to, but great friends did and absolutely loved it. They also live together in Douthit (at least last year and this year it was) and they are beautiful new dorms.

Anyone out there accepted as Sports Communication major for Summer or Fall 2020? If so, what were your stats, please? I’ve heard it is a very competitive major, but have no idea what that means. Do they consider anything besides stats? For example, do they look at your high school classes or extracurriculars that relate to Sports Communication?

Does anyone know how accurate Clemson’s Net Price Calculator might be? Also, when are financial aid packages usually sent out?

We are curious about CUBS as well. My son doesn’t want to do, mainly because his brother did an LLC at UTK and he can’t do anything his brother has done! I am wondering did people think it was an advantage grade wise or simply to make friends? I love the location :slight_smile:

The cost calculator is making me nervous because they changed the top merit award to 12,000 instead of 20,000. That’s a huge difference. Do you all think the new amount is accurate?