Clemson Class of 2024

Yes, no word here yet. My daughter auditioned for the performing arts program.

Nothing yet in NY. Son auditioned for audio tech in the music department.

My daughter was accepted to Clemson for nursing.

U/W GPA: 3.8
ACT 32/ 33 super scored
School does not rank.
No mention of merit.

Anyone know when the merit is coming out based on pay years or from calling the office? In my acceptance it said I would be receiving a scholarship sometime in Feb but not sure when. Also, does anyone know when we should be hearing from Calhoun?

Happy ending, large envelope came today! Thank you for all your support

Their website states that merit will be out ā€œby March 1st,ā€ and Calhounā€™s website says notifications will be out ā€œFebruary 15th (11:59pm EST).ā€

@Roxnyny nothing here either - also in the performing arts/closed major. So we wait. I keep looking to see if anyone has heard any decisions!

@kd3304 still nothing here either for performing arts! If we hear anything - denial/waitlist/accepted, I will post! Itā€™s so hard waiting but last year it was closer to the 15th so Iā€™m just trying to be patient. Trying. :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me if merit awards for in state students were mentioned in acceptance letters? My sons acceptance did not mention one. He has been awarded merit at all the other schools he has been accepted to and he is a Palmetto Fellows; so hoping he may still get something.

@sclakemom, I had the same question. My D is palmetto fellows, 1470, 4.9 9 APā€™s and no mention of merit in her letter. I called FA and they said she may still get merit. Fingers crossed, but Iā€™m not counting on it.

@happylakeside, Iā€™m not counting on it either at this point. His SAT is only 1440 with at 4.7 GPA. I hate that because Clemson was the only in state school he was interested in until that school down the street offered a large merit award.

To the parents who were asking about merit scholarships. Iā€™m in the same boat but I donā€™t think there will be much merit.

My senior now got accepted to Clemson and her letter is very generic, and listed a few points about housing, proof of S.C. residency etc.

My other daughter who is a freshman (at Furman), got in last year. Same generic letter but with one extra paragraph saying; your record set you apart from a strong pool. Therefore, we are pleased to offer academic scholarships. You will receive a detailed offer in February 2019.

Iā€™m presuming my senior daughter now will not get any academic scholarships.

For reference, hereā€™s their stats.

Senior daughter now, Class 2024
ACT 29
4.0/4.9 GPA
22/120 ish rank
Not Palmetto fellows, the next one down, either life or hope.

Freshman daughter, Class 2023
ACT 34
4.0/5.3
1/120 rank
Palmetto Fellows

My son is in state and a Palmetto Fellow. His acceptance letter stated that he would receive a merit scholarship.

@sclakemom My son told me that the Admissions Office told him the end of Feb for both merit and need-based, once all decisions were out.

To everyone who applied to the College of Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences, and havenā€™t received an acceptance letter in the mail, did yā€™all receive an invitation to join them (the college) for an informative session only for accepted engineering, computing, and applied sciences students? My friendā€™s in that situation. I, on the other hand, as a Computer Science major havenā€™t received this e-mail yet.

My friend also wanted me to post his stats:

SAT: 1330
WGPA: 4.1
Top-15% of class
In-State

Hello, S accepted Engineering in December and did not receive the invitation.

My son has not received the invitation yet either. He did receive an invitation to a reception for engineering/cs accepted students that will be held in our area, but I think that is different.

@riverdays @2020HouseDivided

Thanks for letting me know! I also forgot to specify that I physically received my acceptance letter via mail on Feb. 3, if that holds any significance to my comment above.

@kd3304 @roxnyny I wanted to share we are in-state performing arts/theatre and daughter received Tigertown Bound packet today-so they have started! Hooray!

@kd3304 thanks for the update and congrats!!!