Clemson Class of 2024

Here’s what I was able to find out about OOS merit scholarships. I talked to a super nice woman today in the financial aid office and they haven’t been told yet about the merit levels but it sounds like the funding is different this year for in-state and out-of-state scholarships. They are still planning to send out letters by March 1 and it doesn’t sound like we’ll know anything official until then. I know this doesn’t help much @threeboys434 and @gat2bm but I guess we just wait until we receive a letter.

FWIW, I have heard from someone in financial aid that there have been cuts to merit aid this year. The person would not elaborate. Don’t know if that means number of students receiving or amount per student.

Clemson looks at stats, class rank, and rigor of classes. They don’t care about ECs.

Anyone else have info on the merit reduction? This will be a big part of our decision for S to attend. Per last year’s levels he would have received $10k. Any idea what that will be now?

@BlockMI Someone pointed out on the FB parents page that the net price calculator changed. If you put in Top 10% and 34, 35 or 36 ACT, that level is down to $12,000/year according to the calculator. I believe last year’s highest level was $20,000. I am not sure if the NPC is 100% accurate or not but we’ll find out in a few weeks.

Has anyone received a Future Tiger Days email yet today? We still have not received anything in the mail and his friends from same school did.

@MomwithAgeda Just received it and signed up! Can’t wait! Anyone attending on March 13th?

@sctigermama3
@kd3304
A little late to the party, but my son just got the Tigerbound email! Assuming the packet will be in the mail today. Whoo hoo!

Yes, I understand that Clemson typically looks at stats, rank, and rigor, but I’m still wondering why it is difficult to get in as a Sports Communication major. I understand that it is a smaller program, but I was wondering if they take anything else into consideration when applying for that specific major. For example, if you were a journalist for the school newspaper, does that make you more attractive to them? This is my son’s top choice as major, but I don’t want him to apply and end up waitlisted because its hard to get in to this major. If it is such a competitive major, I’d like to know what the typical stats are. For example, does a typical Sports Communication major have a 1400 SAT and 4.5W GPA?

Which school? We are gong the 13th

The NPC shows top merit at $12,000 this year

Anyone have the link to the Future Tiger days?

They send you a link specifically for you I believe. It has a code you have to input.

Anyone from Mass attending Future Tiger Day on March 6th? My son is attending who is in the business program.

OOS average SAT of enrolled students was 1234 for 2019. Its tough To get in because it is small. 11% acceptance of OOS applicants. I don’t know GPA.

Thank you- I was hoping someone had the link on the off chance I can tell anything by entering the CUID-haven’t received anything yet.

@SEBRwonder I applied for Sports Communication out of state from New York and I was waitlisted… Here are my stats

1300 SAT
28 ACT
4.4 Weighted GPA
Started own media outlet and have traveled to various events across the Northeast including March Madness Elite 8 at Madison Square Garden just to name one…

It is definitely one of the harder programs to get into at Clemson only because it is such a small number of kids. Praying hard that I will be taken off the waitlist! Visiting Clemson on the 21st…

@MomwithAgeda We received it this afternoon as well. My son doesn’t think we should go though because we have already done the tour twice (we went back with a friend). So, I guess we will wait for orientation.

For all those wondering, make sure you (or your child) check the iRoar Portal; under the financial aid section, there may be some requirements missing. If you click “Financial Aid,” “My Financial Aid (iROAR),” then “Financial Aid Status,” the page should come up to select an aid year. After selecting 2020-2021, there may be a notification that your FERPA form must be submitted, or at least this was the case for me. Any other requirements that must be met should also be in that section.

College of Science. I’m a biological sciences major.