Clemson Class of 2024

Check out the Poets & Quants Undergraduate Rankings. The author does thorough writeups on the Top 100 business schools. Unfortunately, Clemson does not break into the Top 100. This might be helpful for other schools and helpful to see what gets schools into the Top 100.

https://poetsandquantsforundergrads.com/2019/12/20/wharton-again-tops-pqs-best-undergraduate-b-schools-of-2020/8/

Financial Aid packages are posted. Received 15,000

Where do you log in to see the financial packages?

Was part of your $15k an unsubsidized loan?

Check on iRoar under Financial Aid.

@HokieCrazy
Yes, Also,
Federal Pell Grant
Federal SGOE
Federal Work Study
Subsidized
Unsubsidized

Not impressive… $5000 Merit UGH. When other schools offer $20,000 it makes the decision pretty clear.

Are you instate or OOS?

Just curious–did everyone’s merit scholarship reflect what you were expecting according to the NPC? It was for my daughter.

OOS - It also listed the unsub loan $5500 so total of $10,500.

@jse1820

No it was not what was expected. Top 10% of class and 35 ACT, was only given $7500, thought it would be $12,000, very strange, OOS.

I had heard rumors that Merit was cut this year due to budget restraints. Looks like the rumors were true.

My son got what the NPC told us we would get based on his SAT scores and GPA. The $5500 unsub loan was the only addition to that.

@jse1820 D20’s award matched the updated NPC.

My d got $12k in scholarships and we are OOS

If you didn’t apply for Financial Aid…would any possible merit scholarships awarded still be shown on iRoar?

@kittycat1203 any merit awards should be listed on iroar. FAFSA has no impact on merit awards.

$16k in scholarships/grants. It’s just not enough to offset the OOS cost for me

Ok, I have a question. I never went to college, I am ignorant on a lot of this. Please only helpful comments…when it comes to the total cost, does that include the fees? For example, if he’s a computer science major, and they have $8,000 in fees, is that on top of the $30,000 a year?

Go here: https://www.clemson.edu/financial-aid/costs/

Plug in the information. And it will give total amount. Does not cover books, transportation, etc. does not cover Honors or LLC fees. Amount is per semester so double for the year.