Clemson Class of 2024

@86grad i have tried that, it only comes up with a bunch of ####

@MelSpears ok go to the actual costs link. It will ask for instate, major etc. then it will ask for housing and food. Finally you put any SC Scholly and anything received from Clemson. The bottom number will be cost per semester.

@MelSpears Iā€™m assuming you are looking at the undergrad tuition and fee calculator on their website? If so, then no. That $8,000 includes both tuition and fees. Most fees are the same for everyone - anything extra specific to CS should say something like CS Program fee ( on ours it is the second line and says Nursing Program Fee $1000). Add that section to your selections for Housing and Dining and that will give you the total cost per semester. X by 2 for your yearly bill.

Keep in mind this is only an estimate based on 19-20 rates and your actuals may be different for next year! Hope that helps!

86grad, thank you! Iā€™ll try that. After reading how stingy Clemson is, and him not getting into the HC, I had written them off in my mind. But, we were pleasantly surprised with his FA. So, itā€™s back on the list.

Remember he can save several thousand per year by living in one of the cheaper dorms.

@86grad , thank you, you are so helpful!

@mebmama, thank you! Your comment just loaded on my phone!

OOS $8500 in merit, honors, probably a no go for me.

$9k merit OOS. Havenā€™t recā€™d hrs decision yet. Visiting this wend.

$7,500 OOS merit (NJ). $5,500 Direct Unsubsidized Loan (not going to take).

For reference, 1500 SAT and 4.24 GPA, 6 APā€™s and all others accelerated classes (school does not rank but guessing range of top 10 to 15%). FB and baseball, a few other ECā€™s - no special awards or talents.

Does anyone have Palmetto Fellows but it did not show up for the Financial Aid? It instead shows SC Life Scholarship?

OOS $9000 in merit. While this matches what the updated NPC shows, it is lower than what the NPC originally showed by a few thousand $. Kind of feels like a bait and switch. I wonder if their OOS yields will drop below 20% this year.

We are not writing Clemson off yet for DS, but the value proposition is questionable relative to his alternatives. He was accepted to Purdue FYE and honors program at a comparable cost, and Pitt engineering for about $10K less per year. We are waiting on CU Boulder, VT and UConn before making a decision.

@jellyobrien, my son asked his guidance counselor about that today. She said it will change to palmetto fellows when you commit to a school.

@MelSpears how do you commit to Clemson? And does it also show up as Life on his financial aid when he should be receiving Palmetto?

@jellyobrien I thought the same thing until I got the email this afternoon from Clemson. The email said ā€œIf you anticipate receiving Palmetto Fellows, but you are currently being offered LIFE, please note that we are required to wait for the SC Commission on Higher Education (CHE) to approve all Palmetto Fellows and will update your scholarship accordingly.ā€

Oh thanks @Their Momma so it will change soon

@jellyobrien, yes, it showed up as Life and he qualified for Palmetto. The way his GC explained it to him, suggested that once you choose a certain school and everything is finalized it changes to PF. I think @ā€œTheir Mommaā€ explained it better though.

@jdcollegedad you mentioned the aid matched what the NPC showed. What is the NPC? My son is at practice, so he hasnā€™t logged in to see the award amount for Meritā€¦

Ok - so my son got 11,500 in Merit aid. Can we still apply for financial aid? We make above $250,000 per year and have several properties, etc. We didnā€™t apply because we didnā€™t think weā€™d qualify for anything.

Can anyone help us figure out how to see Financial Award?