Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

From above, someone called the school and was told 27,000 apps for EA.

Does Clemson have admitted students days?

1 Like

My son did an admitted students tour last weekend. I took a few notes during the presentation - 26,593 early applicants and 10,429 accepted.

3 Likes

Has Clemson released any financial awards yet?

How Aid Works - Student Financial Aid | Clemson University. I was just looking at this because they say merit in the spring

also

1 Like

My son was admitted to Honors College yesterday. He’s been admitted to a few other honors colleges/programs but I gather that this acceptance is pretty selective? We are in state so attending Clemson is a “less exciting” option but also will be very economical. Considering bioengineering.

4 Likes

Does this mean out of the 27,000 they accepted 10,000 and deferred 13,000 since someone above said the admission office said the deferred half?

Good question. Not hearing of many rejections so I wonder if more than 13,000 were deferred.

1 Like

Not sure, they did not say how many were deferred during the presentation.

It is making me less optimistic about the deferral. They will probably get 30,000 RD applicants and last year admitted almost 23,000 in total. So 30,000 RD plus 13,000 deferred-43,000 for 13,000 or so spots left? Probably shouldn’t have done the math.

2 Likes

I do know they did deny students. We have heard of 3.

1 Like

We know of 2 rejections in Texas. And three acceptances.

1 Like

Oy, yeah I don’t like that math either!!

3 Likes

Yes, she had all the LOR’s in by mid October. So now we wait for the HC decision! :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

So if considering Clemson amongst other schools, is it a good idea to pay the $150 housing deposit? Anyone know how Honors College affects housing selection priority (and I assume you can choose not to live in honors dorm
 so would any priority apply to a non-honors dorm)?

Housing selection is based on when the application is submitted, all students will be given a date and time to choose dorms and rooms. I believe honors are guaranteed a spot in the honors dorm (my sophomore is in honors but applied freshman year so wasn’t in that dorm) Honors is $1000 a year, my daughter feels it is worth it.

Keep in mind that you have to commit to Clemson to do the housing and pay the deposit.

All incoming freshmen and transfer students must pay a nonrefundable $200 deposit prior to applying for housing. Please allow 24 hours to process. The deposit will be paid and applied toward the tuition and fees for the semester in which you begin your Clemson studies.

1 Like

Great thanks for the info. I must have misread the portal. I thought I saw something about a “housing deposit” not requiring commitment to Clemson. That makes it easier!

1 Like

Yes, I had to read their site to confirm.

It is disappointing because, they also prioritize housing based on housing application submittal.

We are still waiting on 8 schools which will take us until April 1st and need to know everything before making any decision. Especially since we are OOS.

2 Likes

The Admission Counselor told us that the enrollment fee was non-refundable, but it was not a binding commitment to Clemson.

1 Like

Not true at Clemson, housing priority is based on the date tbe college application was submitted, so it’s already been determined.

6 Likes