CMU Summer Academy for Math and Science 2023

i didn’t see a sams thread for this year so I decided to start one, decisions came out yesterday

i was accepted, was anyone else?

i got waitlisted (i did apply kinda late), guess I’ll see my decision in mid-May. But seeing how it is a pretty competitive program, would many people decline an offer?

1 Like

Waitlisted too. Some people may get into other programs that come out later this month and opt to go there instead but who knows :person_shrugging:

My brother and I were both waitlisted as well. We applied two days before the deadline. Anyone have a clue on if they just waitlisted everyone?

What are your stats and ecs if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

I am waitlisted too. Looks like many waitlists…Did any one get off the waitlist?

Nothing yet. Did anyone get rejected or did they just waitlist everyone?

I did ask them if everyone was waitlisted and they said No. So there is some hope…were you waitlisted for AI or sams?

It was for Sams I didn’t get the chance to apply for AI. What is CMU’s email address that they responded back with? I’ve been meaning to ask them something.

cmu-sams@andrew.cmu.edu

1 Like

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet?

Not yet, Did you get off waitlist?

Hi, when was the last date to accept the offer and confirm for accepted folks like you?

1 Like

I have not gotten off the waitlist yet. I called them today and they said that they are about to start taking people off the waitlist. The last day to confirm acceptance was May 1. So they said everyone will get a final email in mid may saying whether they got off the waitlist or rejected. They also told me they have a specific waitlist order, but could not disclose how the order was made. They would not disclose other stuff either, like how many people are on the waitlist or how many spots opened up.

Oh thats very helpful information. Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile: All the best!

1 Like

Did you hear back from them? I still have not. I wonder if I am rejected.

Nothing yet.

1 Like

I got an email with the final decision. They said that they reached capacity for all their programs. Very sad.

Same exact email I received this morning. I am very disappointed. I was so hoping and waiting for this. It was a dream opportunity.

1 Like