***Coca-Cola Scholars 2018-2019***

Thread for seniors applying to the 2018-2019 Coca-Cola scholarship

I just got my semifinalist email!!!

Thank you for making this thread! I got my semifinalist email as well. Congrats to all.

@potatoepotatoe @WhoKnows2023 Congrats! Can you share how many community service hours in total you have in the application?

Congrats! @potatoepotatoe @WhoKnows2023 Do you guys have access to the phase 2 of the app?

Also would either of you mind posting a copy of the email? It looks like mine was trashed in spam

When is the deadline for phase 2 application?

It’s due at the end of the year I believe

@Bagette Thank you and yes the email was in spam folder.

@Bagette Yeah, on the link in the email it sent me to phase 2 of the application. From what I looked at I think it was the same service, but now you have access to another part of the application.

@oakmill In total from Grades 9-12 I have 1874 hours. The breakdown is 150 in 9th, 623 in 10th, 776 in 11th, and 325 for 12th.

Hey @Nipkas what time did you receive the email?

Oh and thanks so much @WhoKnows2023 !

I got mine Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:32 PM @Bagette

@Bagette yesterday at 4:32 pm.

Weird. No email in inbox or spam. But the dashboard says I’m on phase 2.

@Bagette

Congratulations

You have been selected as a Semifinalist for the 2019 Coca-Cola Scholars Program. You were chosen from among more than 97,000 applicants due to your outstanding leadership, academics, and dedication to your community. On behalf of the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, your local Coca-Cola bottler, and the entire Coca-Cola system, we salute you!

NEXT STEPS

Your next step is to complete and submit Phase 2 of the Coca-Cola Scholars application. To access the Phase 2/Semifinalist application, click here and sign in with your previously created credentials.

You will find specific directions in Phase 2 about what to submit in each section. In summary, the Phase 2 Semifinalist application requires:

Additional details about your leadership, service, involvement, and work, including roles held and statements of impact.
An online submission of one academic reference and one community reference.
An online submission by a school administrator of your most recent transcript (first-term senior year grades are not required) and additional school profile information.
Your application and requests for recommendations and transcript/school profile must be submitted by Thursday, December 13, at 5 p.m. Eastern. Your recommendations and transcript/school profile form must be submitted by Thursday, December 20, at 5 p.m. Eastern.

To ensure your recommenders and school officials have ample time to submit their items, please submit these requests through the Phase 2 pages as soon as possible.

SELECTION TIMELINE

Once the nearly 2,000 Semifinalist applications are reviewed, 250 Regional Finalists will be chosen to continue through the selection process. Notifications of the committee’s decision will be delivered by late January 2019.

These 250 Regional Finalists will then participate in interviews either in person or via web conference, resulting in the selection of 150 Coca-Cola Scholars. These interviews will take place February 8, 9, 15, and 16, depending on the location of the Regional Finalists. Times and locations of these interviews will be made available at the time of notification of advancement to the next phase of the application process.

Those selected to be Coca-Cola Scholars must attend Scholars Weekend in Atlanta April 4-7, 2019, to receive the $20,000 Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship. Travel, housing, meals, and other logistics will be coordinated and provided by the Foundation for Scholars Weekend.

TIME TO CELEBRATE

Congratulations again on your selection as a Semifinalist!

We want to see how you celebrate - take a picture or video and post it with #CokeScholarsSF. Tag us at @cokescholars, too!

If you have questions, email us at coca-colascholars@coca-cola.com. I wish you success in the upcoming selection process and in all of your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Jane Hale Hopkins

President-elect, Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation

Any idea what is up with the DM System? It looks like it’s broken.

Also realized what happened to the email. Looks like my personal email server rejected it. feelsbad

I like to know where did you put any hours spend on internship and hours spend on the school clubs?
Thanks!