College Counseling: Which service is worth it?

I am a senior in high school working on my ED and EA applications. I will be applying to several more selective schools (including Ivy Leagues), as well as other reaches, targets, and safeties over the course of the next year. My school doesn’t offer too many services that make me feel confident in the college process. I’m looking for help with my CommonApp activities section, as well as assistance with my personal essay and school list. I have asked a few of my friends who are knowledgable about the college process for help, but think I would benefit from having a college consultant. (There aren’t really any adults in my life that I know directly or am connected to that know much about the college admissions process.) I’ve looked into Crimson, ■■■■■■■■, IvyWise, and etc. but I’m not sure what service is best to use. My family does not have too much money to spend on a service like this, so we would mainly be relying on the free consultation and then a handful of meetings after that. I would prefer a reasonable hourly rate over a package (we would not want to spend more than a few hundred dollars in total). Does anyone know of any reasonably priced, knowledgable services? Or of any companies that may offer different slightly different services, but would still be able to help me with my issues?

You can use this link to see various free resources available. You can use this link to learn about our free essay review service

But we won’t suggest outside consultants. Closing.

4 Likes