College of Charleston Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

No, but have you or anyone received any emails regarding tmrw??

Did anyone’s portal change over the past couple of days to where there is information about registering your login so you can change your password on your own in the future?

2 Likes

yes I have a section about my credentials and a section about specialty scholarships that both recently showed up.

nope

Well, it wasn’t 12am on 12/15. However, my son followed the new instructions on the homepage about updating your email, etc. and it took him to a new page referencing my son as a CofC student. Not an official acceptance, but appears to be a done deal.

That’s been on our application for a long time. Are you talking about registering your CoC email and the scholarship recommendations to fill out?

That’s been on ours a long time. I don’t know if it means anything.

Oh yes. You are correct. My misunderstanding.

Well, looking at last years thread , it looks like most didn’t hear until January :frowning:

My son never followed the instructions for the CofC credentials - which has been on his applicant portal for a while. I was beginning to wonder if that is where admissions decision will be posted. Still no admissions decision on the applicant portal but I toggled over to the Honors tab and there was a congratulatory letter there for Honors! So he’s in!

The scholarship information had been in my daughters page for a while and I just went to look and it’s gone now. Just the “your application is under review” thing. Anyone else? I’m probably reading into it. :grimacing:

1 Like

My son’s just says under review now as well.

3 Likes

Ok of course I take any change as bad news. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I take it that they are updating their portal not that it’s bad news at all. Strange things happen to all these portals towards release day. Don’t worry too much about it.

1 Like

The website says 12/15 for early action if you applied. I don’t see how they could change the date without informing everyone.

3 Likes

Yea it seems like last year the EA decisions were in January? Must’ve changed it for this year to be earlier.

I love how none of us know what’s going on
they didn’t inform us very well, just told us we would find out on December 15th like 2 months ago.

1 Like

Do the kids need to change their CofC credentials/register their account in order to see the admissions decision? Or can they just use their original sign-on/password that they set up after submitting their application?

1 Like

I am bracing for a deferral for my daughter. She got deferred at Tampa (C of C and Tampa both “matches” for her) and the AO said they didn’t even evaluate her application yet - they just got too many. So now I am thinking the same might apply here as well
 Although C of C accepted 80% of EA last year and Tampa only 50%, I don’t want to get my hopes up

There are a ton of deferrals this year it seems. My son get deferred from U of Miami and U of South Carolina - it just makes the process so prolonged!

2 Likes