College of Charleston Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

D23 was accepted with scholarship + honors.

1 Like

I just double checked it says early decision is October 15th early action is November 1st. So I guess I will have to call them.

1 Like

Ours gave dollar amount in acceptance letter

We got dollar amount of the scholarship but no mention of financial aid. Any insight?

The acceptance letter stated this was the most competitive applicant pools in CofC history. Wonder how it compares to previous applicant pools?

I feel like every school has said that lol

1 Like

Oh sorry you are right!

Daughter accepted. In state, business. 3.8UW/4.71 weighted, 1390 SAT, 3APs done, 1 AP and 2 Dual Enrollment in progress.

$2000 merit, honors college waitlist.

2 Likes

How did you find out what school they were accepted into? The acceptance letter my kid received did not mention the school.

1 Like

Mine didn’t say either it may be that all start out undecided
does anyone feel comfortable sharing their merit amounts? I assumed all might be the same

1 Like

You are right. She applied business everywhere and many (most?) of the schools accepted her straight in to their business program. The CofC letter doesn’t mention business, just accepted.

Mine got 20k but over 4 years.

Are you instate or out 
I feel like they might have given more for out of state

Oos in NJ. So yea it still makes it kinda high and when you consider how much off campus housing is, it’s something to consider

1 Like

In-state. 24K (6K per year).
I don’t have any reference for what a typical merit award is for CofC but was assuming this was on the higher side, esp. for in-state.

1 Like

We are out of state and she was told 13,000 per year

1 Like

That is great for CoC instate on top of the Life or Palmetto Fellows - awesome!!

1 Like

We asked when we visited CofC with my son, and we were told that major doesn’t have an impact on acceptance - you’re just accepted to the college overall. I know the different schools/majors make a big difference at some universities but I don’t think it does here. When my older daughter enrolled, I believe she declared her major during orientation and registered for appropriate classes.

Mine (OOS) got 16K, 4K per year.

Accepted, Business Undecided, 3.6 GPA, 1310 SAT, out of state