College of the Holy Cross Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congrats, my son was accepted as well with Merit aid and plans on Econ as a major. However at HC, you dont declare until Soph year. We are in southern New Hampshire. He attended an open house and interviewed as well. Great school and we are waiting on 2 more , but HC is high on the list.

3 Likes

From the Holy Cross social media account:
For the Class of 2027-

21% acceptance rate (down from 36% in 2022)
23% increase in applications from previous year

Congratulations to all the accepted students!

5 Likes

That is really a significant change in 1 admissions cycle.

1 Like

Quite a significant change from a year earlier. I do know their yield rate for class of '26 was higher than anticipated, so perhaps they are trying to “right-size” a bit by lowering the acceptance rate, in anticipation of continued higher yield.

Is anyone attending the Dean’s Reception during open house weekend?

1 Like

Is the schedule out?

Where are you seeing the Dean’s Reception?

904 freshmen for the class of '26 was a record high and caused a few challenges (housing, kimball lines, etc.) the first semester. During family weekend, the college president vowed that that they will not have that many student again in future classes.

Did you get a postcard for it in the mail? My student was invited but it looks like we’ll be canceling our reservations for that weekend. The finances aren’t working out. It’s not worth the extra cost when compared to two other full tuition scholarships at other Jesuit colleges. Holy Cross is amazing though.

The new college president (Rougeau) is clearly focused on boosting HC’s ranking (he did the same when Dean of BC Law). Although those rankings can be artificial they do matter as they will eventually restore the college’s reputation to at/above Villanova, BC, and the like.

1 Like

We have two at HC. Both loving it. Connections helped D (graduating next month) secure a paralegal position in Big Law (as a likely prelude to law school within 2 yrs). Every alumnus/alumna she reached out to readily and enthusiastically helped. Way more than I experienced at a mid-tier engineering college 30+ years ago.

3 Likes

From an article in the school newspaper we picked up at Accepted Students Day: the overall acceptance rate for HC Class of 2027 was 21%. Regular decision was 16%.
This information is important for future applicant to strategize, as HC is becoming a reach school for many.

1 Like

Anything update on the waitlist yet?

1 Like

HC’s new president is pushing to be more competitive.

1 Like

Big change

1 Like

FYI Email to waitlisted (my son) just came out saying they are at desired class size, but if you want to sign up for “summer waitlist,” potential few spots that may become available, you may do so, but latest they will take anyone of the WL will be Aug 1.