College of the Holy Cross Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for College of the Holy Cross Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

S23 applied Nov 3 for RD. Do they ever notify before the big release in later March? Just curious. It’s a long wait.

Also does anyone know what the possibilities are for merit-only aid? What is the max for Magis and how many applicants get it?

Any word on when decisions will be released?

2 Likes

March 18

1 Like

Class of 2026 parent here.

Just dropping in to say congrats to all those who already got in and good luck to the rest who are still waiting. We still remember how we are in a similar boat this time last year. It was an anxious moment having a first time kid in college. My daughter still had some uncertainties at first due to many factors so it was kind of a leap of faith committing and finally deciding to go to HC.

Fast forward to her Spring semester and just coming back from Spring Break…we couldn’t be happier with this decision! Deciding to go to Holy Cross among all her other great options is the BEST. DECISION. EVER. She has grown leaps and bounds in all aspects of her young adult life. And that Cura Personalis approach to holistic formation you heard from the campus tour, webinars or the website? It’s not an empty marketing slogan but a serious commitment to genuinely journey with your child as they strive to be their best version yet. We still have three more years to go and super thrilled for what’s in store.

Again, good luck to the Class of 2027 families and Go Crusaders!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! My S23 was admitted ED, so reading this is great to hear! It is definitely a leap of faith!

1 Like

very much hoping for good news tomorrow. Been a rough week: 3 rejections and 2 WL.

4 Likes

anyone know what time they release tomorrow?

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Tomorrow is results day so excited!

2 Likes

I don’t know but someone said in a prior year it was 9 a.m. Don’t go by me though.

Decisions are out!

1 Like

Daughter admitted!

2 Likes

Rejected. A little disappointed but not that surprised. She’s been rejected and WLd almost everywhere.

Admitted :smiley:

3 Likes

Waitlisted. Not surprised because I showed 0 demonstrated interest, I applied just because it was similar to some of my top schools. Congrats to those accepted. I had a 1430 SAT/32 ACT for those curious, along with straight A’s, and solid ECs.

Welcome to the Holy Cross community!

1 Like

Waitlisted too. Are you accepting your spot?

My son was accepted. He was up for a merit scholarship but is an alternate. We got no other aid. Does Financial aid come in a seperate letter ?
My son had 1470 on SAT - 4.0 a job and volunteers at a low income school.

1 Like

I’m going to see if I get into the schools I’m waiting for, but most likely not.

2 Likes

S23 Accepted! With $20k/yr merit. Planned major is Economics.

large CA Public HS
white male
4.0/4.5+
35 ACT
Rank 5/400
12 APs
Decents ECs
He did a campus tour/info session and an interview.

This was very welcome news after 3 days with 6 rejections/waitlists.

7 Likes