Colleges to look at?

<p>Hi, I'm going into 12th grade and I plan to go into nursing. I want to know some colleges with good nursing programs and my chances of getting into them based on what I've done (listed below). Preferably ones with direct entry (undergraduate) programs. I live in MA but I'm open to out of state colleges</p>

<p>Unweighted gpa of 3.6-ish and a weighted of 4.2-ish
Since freshman year I have taken honor classes and a few AP's (2 junior year, 2 senior year but I'm trying to get my 3rd)
My ACT composite score is 29, I plan for another retake in September
I have volunteered at a local hospital for two summers now, and plan to (hopefully) continue during the school year
I am part of 4 clubs (science team, math team, Asian-American culture club, and robotics)
I am president of Asian-American Culture Club, possible president of math team
I have won a few awards because of my writing
I have participated in a sustainable garden internship at my school garden for the past 3 summers</p>

<p>Hi, glad to see you re-posted here. I do not know anything about colleges in your state MA.
What do you think of these 7 colleges in MA ? Have you tour any of these? I copied these off the master list.
Boston College MA
Curry College MA
Endicott College MA
Northeastern University MA
Simmons College MA
University of Massachusetts – Amherst MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth MA</p>

<p>For starter, go to these colleges websites & do the NPC ( net price calculator ) & see how much your family has to pay for each school. This will give you a very general idea of potential financial aid , merit aid ( if any) and what they expect your parents to pay / contribute each year.</p>

<p>Most colleges do NOT require two SATII subject tests but a few or couple of schools in the master list recommend 2 subject tests so check the college’s website. Next test date is OCT.</p>

<p>adding in some more info:</p>

<p>If your parents said they can afford OOS ( out of state) tuition which can be very costly, then you & your parents can look at the master list & start expanding your search to the nearby state or to places that are farther away. The master list is by no mean a complete list but at least it will get you started.</p>

<p>Other people have written on this board that U. Mass Amherst and Northeastern are very difficult for admission. Boston College is also. As of 3 years ago, it was very hard to use AP credit at Boston College.</p>

<p>There also is a nursing program at U Mass Lowell.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.uml.edu/Health-Sciences/Nursing/Programs/bac_pro.aspx”>http://www.uml.edu/Health-Sciences/Nursing/Programs/bac_pro.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I’d apply to all of the in-state public u. nursing programs, at a minimum. My understanding is that Mass. provides some good automatic merit aid for in-state publics, which you will not receive if you go out of state. The privates vary greatly between less selective colleges that offer mostly merit aid vs. very competitive privates that mainly offer need-based aid.</p>