COLUMBIA TRANSFER: Fall 2021

Holy crap i am gone

Do you know if they release them every day or a certain day of the week?

All of them come on a single day. They arent rolling like the others

Okay, but mxrxlyn^ said they are starting next week up until may which sounded like rolling but I probably misunderstood

1 Like

I think they will release an initial wave. Then depending on the number of current students not coming back, they may release more.

2 Likes

nvm

They said they’re releasing daily.

And lol I said that on the Cornell thread because I applied there as well and my friend called and asked cause she was waiting to hear back.
I get we’re all anxious and that’s why I shared the information I got.

1 Like

My apologies

same!

I thought decisions are announced on the same day. You’d get an email from CU to check your portal once they’re ready. But, this is an unusual year.

1 Like

has anyone else heard this from Columbia directly?

1 Like

Last year Columbia AOs sent an email in early April to notify the specific decision date, but I guess there hasn’t been any official notification yet this year…Pretty strange.

A friend of mine called Columbia and they did confirm that decisions are rolling! However, they did not say when they would start. This is likely why they have not granted an official notification as it is the first time they are doing this.

so weird that they’re doing rolling though. Didn’t we all have to submit on March 1st? Most rolling colleges have flexible submission dates (NU, Vandy, Cornell, etc)

1 Like

Yes, we all had to submit on March 1st. However, I have noticed that there was a spike in transfer applicants for T20s all over, so there is no other way for them to cope with that besides making them rolling. Hopefully we will begin hearing this week as noted previously! They did say that we will be getting a decision by May 15th however. Unlike Vandy, who will review all the way until June and further.

I actually called today and they said mid-May still, and that a date will be posted on the website when we get closer. So I wonder if when they said this week they were talking about the date being posted, not the actual decisions? I’m not sure! Hopefully we’ll get more information soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could rolling decisions possibly mean more acceptances… just hoping

1 Like

I think it could? At least in the sense that some people will have the chance to enroll or not before the next batch of decisions, so people who would’ve been waitlisted could just get outright accepted as long as they’re not in the first batch?

1 Like

so…is it rolling anytime or is it mid-may still? (I’m international and my phone plan doesn’t include US calls)

I hope we will find out sometime next week. I’ll go crazy if I have to wait any longer.

1 Like