Computer science/engineering

<p>OK , this question in aimed toward current or ex- undergrad students at Purdue University with a major in either computer science or computer engineering.</p>

<p>Can you describe what your course work involved. What kind of stuff did you learn, what programming language, or if your course work focussed on hardware. I would just like to know what the computer science or computer engineering course involves.</p>

<p>Sent from my GT-I9100 using CC</p>

<p>132 views and no answer, are there not many people from Purdue university at college confidential? </p>

<p>I just wanna know is there more of hardware than software or vice versa or 50-50.
To me it seemed more hardware than software. So is there any scope of becoming a software engineer if I choose to major in computer engineering.</p>

<p>While i am not a current college student anywhere I have looked into and been told the differences even at Purdue during a visit. Basically CE is more hardware focused while CS is more code focused. Computer science are more on the theoretical side of computing while CE is more on designing and creating the computer system as a whole. If i remember correctly CE(what im hoping to study) is like 65% hardware 35% coding. Where it is the opposite for CS where you learn about the hardware but not in depth and more just on how it affects your code and such. Hope that helps. There are tons of threads on here that explain the difference of the two majors and a few google searches can get you what types of classes you will take. I know some are the same for each major.</p>

<p>Have you tried looking at Purdue’s website? Here is their url: <a href=“https://www.purdueonlineengineering.com/computer-science/[/url]”>https://www.purdueonlineengineering.com/computer-science/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I am not an expert in Computer Science but I think the information you are looking for will be there.</p>