Confused about grade input

hi! so i’ve been trying to figure this out to the point of complete frustration…

I’m trying to put my grades in my UC Application in the academic history section, and my school gives me a marking period grade for each marking period I took a class, but also give me a final exam grade for each half of the class. these are averaged together somehow (i think the final exam is something like 40% of the final grade?) to give me my final grade, a completely different number. to make everything even more confusing, some classes are only a semester (2 marking periods/quarters) long, while AP classes are full-year, 2-semester. my transcript only gives a final grade for each class, but i have all my marking period report cards.
what am i supposed to put in for my grades? and which term length am i supposed to use, semester or quarter?

I go to a high school out of state, also.

What grades are on your transcript? 1 grade/semester? I would not by your report cards unless they match your Hs transcript.

My transcript only displays one final grade for each class.

High Schools with Year-long Courses
If you are on a yearly schedule (receiving a grade once for a year-long class), specify each course grade twice. For example, if you received an “A” for the course, enter the grade into both Fall semester and Spring semester.

thank you so much!!