Congrats to Derrick Henry!

Congrats, Derrick Henry!

Roll tide!

Roll Tide!!!

:-bd

Don’t want to rain on the parade but I don’t think he deserves it. With that offensive line, any FBS running back would have success.

@deeeznuts booooooo!

Fantastic news RTR!!

deeeznuts ahh…sour grapes?

He’s the best running back, deserving of some of the awards, very humble, and great team player but the award is supposed to go to the best college player… McCaffery should have won the Heisman.

Haha not really. In fact I’m rooting for Bama to win the championship. Alabama:38 Oklahoma:30 in the last game

Glad the nay-sayers were not in the vote. Derrick Henry met the criteria.

Yes, he had more opportunity with the injury of Kenyan Drake. However seeing how powerful, skillful, fast he was in achieving what he did - he was a stand out. Yes, and he had good coaching - with UA Assistant Coach Burton Burns - who also tutored Mark Ingram. Note that Derrick Henry ‘matured’ in his 3rd year as a UA player. He didn’t give up on himself - he worked hard to develop his talents.

“Three years ago, Henry was named the national high school player of the year after breaking the national high school record for career rushing yards that had stood for 59 years. Three years later after breaking a hallowed SEC record for rushing yeards in a season that had stood for 34 years, he’s the winner of the 81st Heisman Trophy…”

Any RB has success at Alabama, I mean look at the past 5 years: Eddie Lacy, TJ Yeldon, Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram.

And although Henry did have the most rushing yards this year, he also had the most carries. Additionally he was 55th in yards per carry. McGaffery had 540 recieving yards, Henry had less than 100.

Alabama is the best team but Derrick Henry is far from the most outstanding player.

Both finalists Clemson QB Watson and Stanford RB McCaffery obviously are standouts.

Again, @deeznuts your opinion is like those that thought Watson earned the title.

Alabama chooses RB that have talent, that is true - every team wants to get the talent as well as talent that can play for the team. Derrick Henry was supercharged this season for the team, and to play his best.

I didn’t watch Stanford’s games to see McCaffery - but Derrick Henry was a work horse, gaining strength during the game instead of weltering - so awesome.

And I don’t think there will be a media outcry that the Heisman went to the wrong guy…

I believe McCaffrey is a Sophomore and Henry is a Junior. Good choice by writers. McCaffrey needs to prove it next year.

If McCaffrey the same as this year, he would be a lock next year.

Yes, McCaffrey was born June 1996, making him 3 months younger than my college sophomore DD. Saw the interviews of all 3 students on Sports Center/ESPN.

I watched the taped Game Day, and all who had voting for Heisman said who they thought would win, based on momentum and other factors, they all said Derrick Henry.