Cornell RD Class of 2025

Go to the Financial aid portal and they have listed the number of FINaid office. 6072555145

Just got off the phone with them and they reassured me that they already received my CSS profile back in December and the To-Do list was just having technical difficulties but she contacted the tech people and informed them of the situation and said it should disappear soon. Thanks for all the help!

does anyone know if Cornell will send more likelies?

1 Like

Don’t think so. From what I researched, they usually all come out in a single wave. I could be wrong though. This also doesn’t mean you got rejected. Best of luck!

I got a likely on Monday and my nom called to see what that means. They said that I am officially a member of the 2025 graduating class!

3 Likes

I wonder how many likely letters are sent out…

Anxiously waiting on decisions! My daughter is a legacy (both parents, and one set of grandparents). She applied to Engineering.

When my daughter applied to Cornell the CSS was a pain in the neck and there was some final doc I recall that we had to sign that we weren’t aware of. That could be it. I would check through everything and on the Cornell website for financial aid as well to make sure you’ve covered all the bases. This go around we didn’t waste our time with the CSS as Cornell was so stingy with aid anyway it wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Have she not applied ED?
“what’s been communicated to the legacy students is that, if you really want us to show some commitment to you as a legacy candidate, we want you to show some commitment to Cornell, which means applying Early Decision,” he said.”

I know it isn’t a lot, but there is a poll I had created a little bit further up in the forum. It isn’t completely accurate because of the sample group but can give an idea

No she didn’t apply ED. We are a full pay family, and we didn’t want to necessarily be committed for ED, as she was possibly looking at merit scholarships at other schools (she is a NMF).

2 Likes

I’ll definitely check up on that, cheers! :slight_smile:

Here’s the link for the poll again:

1 Like

People who don’t get likely letters, does it mean they are not getting in?

Not at all. The letters for Cornell usually only go to URM, FGLI, etc. There are going to definitely be plenty of people who get in that didn’t get one

Thanks, what is URM, FGLI, I am not familiar with these terms.

Underrepresented Minority, First Generation Lower Income

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Just logged in to my fin aid portal and it says I’ve not been given the authority to access the page. Hopefully this means they’re fixing the to do list situation.

yeah, likely letter is given out to a very small group only. majority of us will know of our decision on Ivy Day

The vast majority of admitted students will be admitted on Ivy Day, not via likely letter. This forum is a bad representation of the overall applicant pool and student body, and for that reason it may seem as though everyone who is going to be admitted received a likely letter. That is simply not the case. Do not worry or stress if you did not receive one; your admissions chances are exactly the same as they were a month ago. Receiving a likely letter is definitely nice (my mental health has skyrocketed since being admitted to SHA a couple weeks ago), but most people do not ever get one. Do not stress out if you did not get a likely letter; Ivy Day will be here before you know it.

1 Like