Cornell RD Class of 2025

I am! I did an interview and it was purely informational. I applied for Biological Sciences w/ a focus in Neurobiology. Hbu?

my son applied into CALS. No interview.

Just so u know, the interview was with someone in BUSINESS. They weren’t even from CALS. it really didn’t mean anything. it was honestly a crappy interview—she cursed like twice and talked too much about herself in a context that i didn’t learn much

1 Like

Did anyone get a non evaluative interview offer from Cornell SHA? if so can you share what really went down in the interview?

My D received a request for an interview but she has already withdrawn her application. Was this a mistake or are they hoping she changes her mind about the withdrawal? Thanks.

I’m not an expert in college admissions at all, but it’s likely that the alumni doesn’t know that she withdrew her application as they are the ones who facilitate interviews.

1 Like

Thank you, that makes sense.

Is it true that SHA students can receive their decisions in late February/early March?

yea march 4th is what a past student told me

Thank you! Do you know if all SHA students receive it on the 4th or only some?

only a few. most get on ivy day

Wait. Why do SHA students receive their decision early. I am asking as a current applicant to SHA.

hey yall can you chance me for cornell engineering
white female from a competitive public high school
quadruple legacy
1570 SAT
800 SAT Bio, 790 SAT Math II
13 APs (including calc AB & BC, physics C Mech and E&M, chem, bio, compsci)
currently taking linear algebra and multivar calc
national merit semifinalist
pre-professional ballerina (6-7 days a week with multiple hours of class/rehearsal each day)
several scientific research programs (and an amazing rec from research mentor)
math club president
newspaper editor
jobs at local tutoring places
volunteering (teach free ballet classes)
essay 9.5/10 (talked about my personal experience visiting Cornell and how i’ve fallen in love with it)
recs 10/10

1 Like

They only get roughly 1000 applicants every year so its easy for them to evaluate em and send decisions out early. (Just an assumption)

I wish I could say that you will definitely get in, but I am not in the admission. I don’t know what exactly they are looking for. You are very strong candidate, but I think so many kids also fall into the same profile as yours. So I think they may be looking for something else too. They will probably look into something unique about the person. Essays and recommendation letters may take the huge roles.

I heard that too many activities may raise a red flag. They will scrutinize if the amount of the activities are realistic or not. I heard that they will call the counselor about the participation level of your involvement. But I really don’t know.

I just don’t know when you have time to do homework and several hours of practice everyday, at the same time, be the President of Math club and newspaper editor, taking classes for the college math, and many other activities.

Does anyone know if Ivy Day being later than usual will have an effect on when some SHA and ILR decisions are mailed out. I would assume that SHA and ILR have had a significant increase in apps which would lead to a longer wait but I haven’t heard anything from the admissions office.

I know it is allowed to, but does ILR typically send out letters before Ivy day? Wasn’t sure if they did last year. Is it in an email or a mailed letter?

Btw I got an “interview” email!

me too!!