Cornell RD Class of 2025

same here. It seems that they are overwhelmed by the large number of applications. not good news

2 Likes

Harvard College Receives Record-High 57,000 Applications, Delays Admissions Release Date | News | The Harvard Crimson Harvard had an increase of 42% yikes!

Yes, all the Ivys agreed to push the Ivy release date to April 6 and the commit date to May 3, more than likely because Stanford changed the commitment date to May 3 earlier this week.

Schools have been reporting ridiculously high number of applications, so this is not a surprise and Cornell extended their RD date to Jan 8, so they had to know this was coming as well, especially after their ED applications were up 36%, with a huge number of students not submitting test scores. Of course, hard to know if that is because of the schools that were test blind or also if a large number of applicants went test optional. Eventually they will release all this info but not for many months after the 20-21 application process. :frowning:

Hey guys! I applied to Cornell CALS for the global public health major.
I have not been contacted by a Cornell Alumni yet for an interview, while two of my highschool friends (who applied to A&S) got contacted two days ago.
I did apply in January, so I might still have to wait, but should I be worried…

No need to worry, even if you never hear. Cornell doesn’t give interviews. They are informational “meetings” anyway, and don’t count for anything. This year especially they’re not even doing a write up. They have no bearing whatsoever in the process and like virtually every other school mean nothing in terms of getting in or not.

Anyone have any idea what percent of students who request for the Alumni meeting get it? Just wondering if its based purely on location and availability. Thanks

Yes it’s based purely in location and availability. Usually Cornell says that alumni reach about 50% of the applicants.

anyone applying SHA here?

yes, I am.

SHA Squad

1 Like

I feel slightly stupid asking, but what is SHA??

Do y’all have hospitality experience like working at a restaurant or hotel? SHA = School of Hotel Administration

1 Like

Has anyone had the interview for SHA yet? if so please tell me what kind of questions they asked!

I only had a non evaluative informational session with Cornell. I didn’t think SHA had an interview.

I personally don’t, but I feel like I have a real solid essay and backstory as to why I want to go to SHA and very specific experiences as to why I want and know I should go into hospitality.

Mine is a non evaluative interview as well. How did it go with yours and what kind of questions were asked?

They didn’t ask a single question. It’s really just an open conversation for you to ask about the interviewers experience at Cornell, programs, campus life, and really anything you are curious about knowing.

I work in a restaurant only. Not a lot of experience simply because of COVID and age.

Anyone get an interview for CALS?

In fact anyone applying to CALS ■■■■■.

1 Like

I also have barely any experience, but i do have many anecdotes in the hospitality realm. I have my interview tmrw and im so nervous that i dont know SHA inside and out

Any tips for the interview?