Current Junior at Purdue- Any Questions about Purdue?

<p>Would you say there’s a lot of homophobia, or is everyone pretty open-minded?</p>

<p>Freezone!!
If there are homophobia people are good at suppressing their emotion. Not to say you won’t see any there will always be a form. But I don’t think any of us truly know the answer. The campus to me seem gay friendly and there a center for lgbqa(it’s a,little longer than that but whatever).</p>

<p>So I won’t be attacked if I wear my rainbow pin?</p>

<p>Lololol no. And if you did, I bet there’d be a quite a few kids on your side.</p>

<p>Oh okay. Awesome :)</p>

<p>Lol one gay dude came to speak with like 5000 freshmen arriving with a unicorn. No booing just applauds. You’ll be fine.</p>

<p>Hey guys, I am a female going into the field of mechanical engineering. I have heard all of the stereotypes that engineering girls will have men falling all over them because they have two X chromosomes, however I would like to inquire as to whether this is actually the case. I am decent looking, not super hot, but not unattractive either, and I like to think of myself as fairly friendly and outgoing. I would also like to inquire as to whether the majority of engineering guys are really as socially awkward as society would have me believe. I like geeky guys and find awkwardness to be endearing–to a point. This point being awkward in the way that a really tall person is, not awkward in the way that we can’t hold a simple conversation. Furthermore, please advise me on the best ways to attract engineering guys. Thanks so much! xxoo</p>

<p>I’m a girl in Civil engineering. Are you going into engineering for the guys or for the major? Engineering guys are just like any other guy really. And there are other girls on campus. There will be awkward guys, frat guys, swole guys, the whole wide range in Mech. E. </p>

<p>Anyways, don’t worry about it. Attracting engineering guys shouldn’t probably be your focus in college. If you want a boyfriend, act like normal girls wanting boyfriends act. Be interesting, kind, fun, funny, blahblahblah.</p>

<p>And don’t be afraid of looking outside your major. I’m dating an EE.</p>

<p>Hey guys, I’m from Bangalore, India and Im a US citizen, so i guess ill be considered a domestic applicant, and i have a few questions(anybody?)
Im planning to major in biology(molecular if available) and i was wondering if i could get an insider’s view on the program.
Also, how generous are the overall financial aid and scholarships?
I got 680/640/640 on the SAT so how are my chances getting in?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot!!</p>

<p>@ chinmayajoisa</p>

<p>Since you do not reside in Indiana, you will be considered an out-of-state applicant and will be required to pay the out-of-state supplement on top of the in-state tuition. Based on your SAT scores and resident status, it is very unlikely that you will be eligible for aid beyond a Pell grant (if you qualify, up to $5,000 maximum, based on your EFC) and a Federal Direct Loan of $5,500 (subsidized or unsubsidized).</p>

<p>My kid is in Schreve (sp?) and loves it. Right across from the Rec center, AC, nice view</p>

<p>They are out playing cricket, soccer and other pick up games from early am to late at night - surely you can find a pick up team to join</p>

<p>OOS do get $$$. Presidential awards $10K are given to OSS “on a holistic review” and MERIT based, many go to rich kids</p>

<p>I am very interested in applying to Purdue and am OOS. However, I would need a substantial aid package. Does Purdue offer good grants for Out of State candidates?</p>

<p>My S accepted FYE and we are coming to see the school President’s weekend. How could we not go to the Purdue IU game. I got tix on StubHub and was wondering if there was anywhere not to sit (i.e. in the I.U. fan section), I posted a string but nobody replied. Any information is appreciated.</p>

<p>Mallory - to be honest, I’m not sure how good grants are at Purdue since it’s a public institution. But there are scholarships with a financial component that I’ve recieved because of my fafsa. </p>

<p>Soccerdad - whenever I go to games, there seems to be a good amount if Purdue fans everywhere. I sat in section 111 I think for a game this year and some people around us were season ticket holders if that helps. And honestly there’s not really a bad seat in the house. Puce picked wah should be a high energy game to attend.</p>

<p>Thanks, I actually think that the seats I got are in 111. I am really doing a hard sell on my son. His first exposure to the campus will be going to the game within hours of arrival. Looking forward to it. Boiler up!</p>

<p>MODERATOR’S NOTE
Please note that “Ask Me” threads are not permitted on College Confidential, because they deter people from creating threads that get responses from multiple posters, or getting other points of view.</p>

<p>The original poster of such threads is, of course, more than welcome to respond to any questions that are asked on the open boards.</p>