Current students at Lafayette

Hi! I looking for current information regarding the school. Everything I read seems a little
Outdated. Can anyone speak of student life currently?

My daughter is very interested in Lafayette. However, she has heard that it is difficult socially. Mostly that frats run the social scene and freshmen are often excluded, left without things to do. Any insight? Thank you

1 Like

You may want to read the student newspaper - always a good source of info!

1 Like

Scroll down to F1
https://oir.lafayette.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/196/2022/11/CDS2022-2023.pdf
Between 25-30% students join Greek life.

My son is a freshman this year…definitely not the party/jock/super social type and he has REALLY found his nitch at Lafayette. I’m very very happy with how well he has settled in and developed a really solid group of friends. He is in Watson Hall which is the “wellness” dorm on campus…that may very well have helped in finding his type of folks as it’s specifically NOT a party dorm. I think the social scene at Laf is all about what you choose to make of it…as stated above…a little under 30% of students are actually a part of Greek life. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have if I can. Feel free to shoot.

1 Like

I would love to hear if anyone can add to the thread regarding their experience at Lafayette as a non-Greek, non-athlete.