D21 journey

Maybe do one a day starting from #6 to #1. :grinning:

5 Likes

great idea!

I’d be happy to do that. I think we have narrowed it down a bit.

Today, I can say Davidson is out.

UR, Lehigh, BC and Colgate left.

24 Likes

Wow! This is quite the mystery and now I am even more confused!

Regarding campuses being empty: IMO, yes, the expectations and announcements and requests not to travel are being made, but compliance is an issue, as it has been all year, everywhere!

Maybe homerdog can judge by how empty a campus is how covid compliant the students are, LOL.

In no particular order, correct? :grimacing:

Ha! Actually no. No order.

The 4 you mentioned are the final 4, yes? You don’t plan to visit the west coast, I assume? Are you able to tell us why she crossed Davidson off the list?

2 Likes

“The Final Four”: for the semifinal round, we have UR vs Colgate (LAC category) and Lehigh vs BC (national university category). Then the winner of each size category goes into the final.

15 Likes

D felt Davidson was just too small and not social enough. I love Davidson!

I guess I didn’t show that hand early but it was always a concern of hers and, once UR was an option, she was pretty sure she would drop Davidson. After she was admitted to Colgate, she figured she had two 3000-student schools to choose from and told me Davidson was out.

10 Likes

She has four amazing and different schools to choose from… look forward to hearing which she picks!

1 Like

Congrats on getting much closer to the end of the process! You know I’m jealous. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, we’ll see about that. Listing UR may have been one of those “Freudian slip” kinda deals. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

And, if there’s a “final four,” that means CA schools are out also, right? My money remains on Richmond, now that Vanderbilt is no longer in play. Looking forward to the decision reveal!

1 Like

CA schools are out.

3 Likes

Richmond most closely matches the original criteria. The visits appeared intended to see if real impressions would supersede paper considerations. It seems that, after the visits, Richmond would have been unlikely to have fallen, but at least one of the others may have risen. As a result, a final two might make sense, with UR as one of the two. Best of luck.

2 Likes

With apologies to my undergraduate alma mater, Lehigh, my big bet is on Richmond.

4 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter, @homerdog! Nice options!

2 Likes

My money also on Richmond.
@homerdog interesting commentary on Davidson because that is exactly why my D21 crossed it off the list. Lovely school, awesome academically but felt like there was not enough social life for her.

1 Like

I’m picking BC as the winner.

7 Likes