D21 journey

@backbeat1 thanks! Hope your D is having a good semester at Bowdoin! D21 has ten more days before she hears another RD decision. Colgate should be the next one of the 24th unless Lehigh or BC surprise me and come the 22nd or 23rd.

There is a great article about this from Rick Clark from Georgia Tech blog and somewhere else but they say you will see lots of wait list this year due to this very problem. No one wants to be over enrolled. Some schools could be just from EA this year due to increased applications… Will be interesting to see.

1 Like

so updated decision dates

Boston College - week of 3/22
Colgate - 3/24
Davidson and Midd - 3/27
Wake - between 3/29 and 3/31

Lehigh and Vandy - no confirmed info yet

3 Likes

Heard a rumor that I hope is not true.

Heard that this thread may go “Pay-Per-View” for the final reveal.

Please say it ain’t so.

16 Likes

If it does, I heard @homerdog is asking @publisher to be the opening act, you are so funny!

3 Likes

Just popping in to say that thanks to @homerdog I’m now superstitious about uttering my D’s top choices out loud. :woman_facepalming: And with big decisions approaching I am eating TUMS like candy.

I’m saving my pennies for the @homerdog / @publisher PPV event!

10 Likes

I think this process is making me loopy. When you mentioned uttering the choices out loud, I was picturing Arya in Game of Thrones reciting her list of people to kill.

4 Likes

That’s hilarious. Maybe we should channel Arya for our waitlist/rejection lists. :crazy_face:

1 Like

A list has no names :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Apologies for getting off track, @homerdog. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: Going a bit crazy over here.

ETA: didn’t mean to reply to your post Momof3B

1 Like

Ha! No worries. Could use a little distraction, right?

2 Likes

I’d also hazard a guess that these schools had a lot of last year’s admits decide to take a gap year, so there are already 2020 HS grads who will be part of the 2025 class. That’s another reason there may be more WLs – the schools have to see how many of the gap year kids are actually going to claim their spots.

2 Likes

Most of the schools on D’s list announced that gap years will not affect this year’s acceptances. I also don’t think many of her schools had a lot of gap year action. Not really worried about that.

I’ve only seen a handful of schools (Harvard, Duke) come out and say that they will take fewer kids because of gap years.

1 Like

My gap year D had to confirm her enrollment for Fall 2021 in January, but we haven’t had to put down a deposit. I bet there will be students who confirm, then end up not enrolling once deposits are due.

3 Likes

Starting this week of decisions off with a yes from Colgate. :slight_smile:

51 Likes

wow!!

1 Like

What a great way to kick off this crazy week, congratulations!:tada:

2 Likes

That is fantastic! You must be a very proud parent.

1 Like

Amazing! So many good choices.

1 Like

Niiiice!!

1 Like