D21 journey

Congrats! We visited Colgate with S18 and loved the campus and area.

2 Likes

I suspect that your daughter will love Colgate University. Congratulations ! Beautiful small town & gorgeous campus. Patriot League member which should give your daughter lots of exposure to NE US if she travels to games with other students.

NOTE: University of Richmond is in the news today regarding preserving names on buildings.

A google search shows that the Univ. of Richmond is an associate member of the Patriot League for Women’s Golf.

Other associate members for football are MIT, Fordham & Georgetown.

Full member schools:

Colgate
Bucknell
American University
Boston University
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Loyola-Maryland
US Naval Academy at Annapolis
USMA at West Point

The Fiske Guide To Colleges 2020 edition concluding remarks about Colgate University from a senior student:

“…Colgate has embraced its identity as different from other liberal arts colleges in that we are not a crunchy granola hippie school and we are not a socially progressive bastion of forward thinking. Colgate is what it is: a hidden gem in the Chenango Valley.”

1 Like

Since Colgate Applications were up 100%, that is an especially great accomplishment!

6 Likes

yes that number of apps was crazy. I think it was 17000 apps total. They took 324 out of 530 applicants in ED so that leaves about 400 spots left. Who knows how many they accepted to yield 400 kids but, even if it’s four times that at 1600, it makes RD acceptance rate less that 10%. What a crazy year.

8 Likes

For an exact figure on which to base estimates, note that Colgate accepted 2345 applicants last year. Its overall acceptance rate for domestic applicants last year was 33%.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Our best friends D19 is at Colgate. She loves it so much her D21 sister is going next year as well.

2 Likes

@merc81 ok. If they accepted the same number this year then it’s more like 12% acceptance rate in RD. Just to be clear, I don’t care about acceptance rates but I was just noting this for anyone who reads this post in the future.

2 Likes

Only 39% receive financial aid. Low merit distribution but also high income enrollment?

Wall Street recruits at Colgate FWIW. Alums I met in NYC were very loyal.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m really glad that your daughter got into the excellent Colgate, a thought that has nothing to do with its acceptance rate.

Delurking to say: Congratulations to homerdaughter! :tada:What a wonderful start to the week. Colgate seems like such a special place; friends who attended still reminisce fondly about their years there. Go 'Gate!

4 Likes

Colgate is beautiful! Definitely a bit remote (which was never a problem for our family.) Also more 8n the orbit of NYC than any others on your list, so somewhat different social vibe. Great option to have!

1 Like

Shows that 44% of ED applicants were admitted to Colgate University that cycle.

1 Like

Yes and that includes a lot of their D1 athletes

1 Like

Decision number two for this week. Lehigh. It’s a yes!

34 Likes

Congrats! I have always considered Lehigh a great fit!!

3 Likes

Well the leonardo gif was too big, so this pic of Lehigh’s library will have to do

15 Likes

Decision three for the week - BC. She’s accepted!

38 Likes

Wow! I hope you’re popping champagne!

5 Likes

She is on a ROLL!!! :tada::balloon::partying_face:

5 Likes

:wink:

4 Likes