D21 journey

Woohoo! 3 for 3? Killin’ it!!!

3 Likes

Yeah that library is gorgeous

1 Like

Ok BC is literally Hogwarts. I want to go. Congrats!

1 Like

She’s on a roll! Congrats!

Congrats! She’s on a roll!

So…are there a few choices that are coming out on top? I can’t take the suspense!!!

2 Likes

lol need some time.

10 Likes

Love lurking on this journey! Thank you for being so transparent about everything. My D23 is going down a path that is a combination of both your S19&D21 and this has been so helpful as we start narrowing down the list. Cannot wait to find out where your D ends up! FWIW, I’m a Wake grad and have a soft spot there although my D19 wasn’t interested.

1 Like

So many excellent choices. No possible trepidation now. Anything else is icing.
The hard work paid off. Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations @homerdog! Such great acceptances!

3 Likes

Congratulations! I think BC moves up on the list, easy to travel to, great school spirit, she knows kids there and close to her brother.

I am making it #1 on my prediction list

6 Likes

I figured LOL!

Congratulations!! Having toured most of the schools on your daughter’s list, I would say that the BC admittance could knock Lehigh off the table. Similar in some ways, but BC has more school spirit, has a much better/safer surrounding environment, and Boston is a great city! And oh yeah — BC isnt built into a hill!
Colgate is a different animal than BC environment-wise, so I can see how it would still be on the table.
Good luck!

3 Likes

Lehigh may be on a hill, but it’s an incredibly lovely campus, far more so than BC, In my opinion. In fact, I have told many people that it’s the most beautiful campus I’ve ever seen.

Great choices for your D homerdog. I still think she will end up at Davidson.

10 Likes

I felt like that too when we saw the BC acceptance except (1) D likes the idea of Greek life, (2) we’ve been to BC and she was underwhelmed by campus and (3) the Jesuit part is maybe not quite a match. We know that a lot of kids are either what I would call Catholic-lite or not Catholic there but we also know kids who had priests as professors in small seminars. And a nun checked us in for the tour. Lol. Of course she was lovely but D was still not sure the school fits. And she’s not a fan of the possibility of living in the freshman campus away from the main one.

We were definitely impressed by the students at BC and everything the school offers academically and big sports for sure is a plus. We will see all of her decisions and then start touring and doing virtual sessions.

7 Likes

The Lehigh campus reminds me of Cornell and is one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever seen. As I mentioned earlier, the hills will not be a problem for this student, as she is a competitive dancer. We actually enjoyed the hills, and none of us had any problem with the surrounding area.

Congrats on these fabulous acceptances!!

4 Likes

Quick recap:

Accepted:
U Denver, SCU, LMU, Furman, Richmond, Colgate, Lehigh, BC

Waitlisted:
Denison

Waiting on: Middlebury (tomorrow), Davidson (tomorrow), Wake Forest (confirmed sometime between M-Wed next week) and Vanderbilt (before 4/1).

19 Likes

First off, Congratulations on all of her acceptances. I came to this thread late - just wondered about dance. We looked at Lehigh but didn’t see a quality dance program. My D21 focused on LACs, STEM major, w dance and creative writing options.

2 Likes

Dance is something that D would like to be a part of on campus but she doesn’t need a super strong program. She misses dancing and thinks it would be a good way to meet friends. While I think she’s got the chops to dance at Wake or Richmond, she’d be ok with dancing in a smaller student led group, too, if that’s all that is offered. Each of her schools has some sort of dance even if it’s more like poms for football/basketball. If given the choice, I think she would audition for a dance company on campus but it’s not a deal breaker at this point.

Editing to add - you have quite a challenge on your hands to find schools that will match all of what your daughter wants!

1 Like

From our Naviance, Wake, Richmond, BC, Davidson and Colgate all have 25%-35% acceptance rates except Davidson which is 20%. All have 31-32 average ACT for acceptances and 4.15-4.22 WGPA. I don’t have Midd’s results and Lehigh’s acceptance rate is a bit higher. Apparently all of these are bringing similar results this year for your D21. Do they all consider demonstrated interest and was it given? If they’ve all been acceptances without any WLs, chances are better than Vandy comes through with at least a WL.

Edit: if tomorrow’s results (Davidson/Midd) are straight up acceptances, chances are improved for a clean sweep except Denison. :slight_smile: