Daughter accepted with scholarship yet does not want to visit

<p>My son is a second year student and for Fall 2014, I believe the NMF freshman class was 239. This year it is alot lower, in the 150s I think (the NMF package went down for this class). I am sure someone will chime in with the actual numbers.</p>

<p>A problem with asking UNC to consider the father’s refusal is that the father is financially capable of paying. I don’t know of any college that would consider this situation as financial need. The criteria for this is strict, as it would not be fair to needy students if parents who could afford college could decide to opt out of paying and get financial aid. </p>

<p>UA seems to be well liked, good students are doing well there, and if one has a scholarship, that makes it an excellent value. UNC and UVA are both prestigious universities, but prestige and rankings are only part of choosing a college. They don’t help if the choice is unaffordable.</p>

<p>Spot-on with every point, Pennylane2011.</p>

<p>Maybe kjcph meant Fall 2012 the NMF number was 239.</p>

<p>Last fall 2013, the number went down because the award was smaller. </p>

<p>Now that the award has increased again, the Fall 2014 NMF number should be high again.</p>

<p>Thanks for catching this mom. My son was a freshman in Fall 2012 and it was 2012. 2013 was in the 150’s I believe. :)</p>

<p>OP when are you going?</p>

<p>According to NMSC annual report, fall 2013 UA enrolled 123 NMF freshmen and 8 NAF. Don’t know about Hispanic. Where can one find those numbers? If you add in Birmingham and Huntsville, that is another 29, puts system total in 150s.</p>