Denison Residence Halls Renovation

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if Denison completed their dorm renovations? I believe they were delayed during Covid. I can’t seem to find anything online like official virtual tour videos or photos or recent news stories. Thank You!

Denison has been doing renovations on a rolling basis, and I don’t believe there were significant delays during Covid. Construction has on campus continued over the past several years, including construction of the new Wellness Center.

Do you know if the dorms have completed their renovations?

Dorm renovations were being done on a rolling basis so would take several years to be complete. I believe the largest dorms have been done – Crawford, Shorney, Curtis East and West, Smith, plus several of the smaller halls on North Quad – Morrow, Taylor, etc. Some East Quad dorms had been completed pre-covid. The “Sunnies” and halls on South Quad are also being renovated, and of course the new Silverstein Hall opened during covid.

Thanks for the info! Do you know where I could find pictures of them and which ones freshman live in? They really don’t have much on their website in terms of photos and virtual tours of renovated residence halls.

1st years are generally in Crawford and Shorney, plus assorted smaller dorms. I don’t know that videos etc. are available showing the renovations. I remember hearing the renovations generally included removing the carpet and putting in new flooring, new furniture, new mattresses, painting, and updated common areas.

1 Like

This isn’t quite what you are looking for, but if you scroll through these photos Denison posted from move-in day this past August, you will get a sense what the first-year dorm rooms currently look like: https://deniso.nu/3TgN20I

3 Likes

Great idea, @tkoparent! (Also, mattresses look way better than the old ones!)

3 Likes

Sample dorm room from April tour.

1 Like

Thanks for sending. This is helpful:) I’m also interested in what the commons spaces look like. Did you happen to get any photos of those?

No, just some outdoor pics

1 Like