Different Schools At LMU

My daughter was accepted to LMU in
School of Communications and Fine Arts after being rejected from school of Film
And Television. My question is whether she will be able to take classes in the school of Film and TV and/or minor in Animation in the school of Film and TV. Thanks.

My daughter is a Theater major and a Women and Gender Studies major, and she has taken several classes in SFTV and is minoring in Screenwriting. She had to make her case, as I recall (it wasn’t just an automatic OK on the minor, she had apply and work for it).

I don’t know about Animation as a minor, hopefully she can email an admissions officer or the dean?

The only school that I am aware of that requires additional work to minor in is the school of Business due to demand. The School of Film and TV and subsequently animation are easy to take classes in, however you have to look through the class listings per semester to see which classes anyone can take vs. which classes require that you are in that major. To minor in a different school, first look up to see if there are additionally directions online, and/or reach out to the chair of the department or the head of the department asking where to go next. Cheers!