Difficulty of Krannert?

<p>Exactly how difficult is it to get the required 3.0 in the lower level classes, and the 2.5 overall gpa at Purdue?</p>

<p>Purdue is my #1 choice but I am very nervous that I will not be able to get the gpa to get in to upper management and then I'm up the creek for a major, job, life etc.</p>

<p>Any and all help is appreciated, people who go to purdue, know someone there, anything really</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>Hi Schubes5,</p>

<p>I’m actually a current junior in Krannert School of Business so I think I can answer this question accurately! </p>

<p>Getting into the Krannert B-school isn’t bad itself but staying in is pretty tough. The lower level classes you have to take are pretty easy for the most part. It’ll be you’re intro 100 level classes that almost every other business freshmen major is taking. A lot of freshmen think it’ll be easy and blow off classes and then when exam time comes they fail. So make sure to attend class and take good notes.</p>

<p>As far as maintaining a GPA of 2.5, in my opinion it is pretty easy. Once you’re in upper-division your grades will be based on the Krannert 3.0 Curve. Basically, the average grade of any class in Krannert should be B. This makes its very difficult to get A’s but it’s possible, I’ve done it many times. Don’t strive to maintain a GPA of 2.5. You want to be above a 3.0, at the least, to get internships and full-time offers.</p>

<p>I totally agree with bjunior92, maintaining a “B” average is very important. This is my third semester here at Purdue; I am finding a lot of students having problems with Math 223 and MA224. Good advice is to attend class and take good notes, plus build good relationships with your instructors and TA’s. If you maintain at least a 3.5 gpa, the school will recognize your achievement. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>Hi! I actually started out as an Econ major, so I took all the intro level classes like MA 223/224, Microeconomics, etc.
For the most part it wasn’t bad, but I went to class everyday! I took a smaller Micro class (about 40 kids) and on average I would say about half the kids show up. Then the others complain about not doing well. I would say if you’re willing to go to class and pay attention, you’ll be fine as far as intro classes go. I’m not so sure about the upper level classes because I switched majors before I reached that point.</p>

<p>Hey Peachy, did you take any classes beyond the intro classes? I’m hoping to test out of the basic micro/macro classes and take intermediate microeconomics first semester (Since I’m Direct Admit, I assume I have the ability to do this). I’m aiming to do REALLY well and go to grad school, so any pointers for the economics classes there would help!</p>

<p>I’m not too sure that you can test out of Micro/Macro unless you’ve taken an AP or equivalent test because it’s required to enter into the upper level Economics. Your situation may be different though, but I don’t know the odds and ends of direct admission into a school (although I feel like you will still need the basic requirements even though you’re technically already in). I didn’t get farther than the first year, so I don’t really have any information on those upper level classes, but I had taken a AP Micro class in high school (I didn’t take the test) and it actually made the Micro class pretty straight forward. It would have been great to be able to skip it!</p>