Purdue Engineering 3.0 GPA?

<p>I was accepted into Purdue's first year engineering program and Purdue is my #1 choice at the moment, but I'm waiting on scholarship decisions. For the Presidential and Trustee's scholarships, it says you need to maintain a 3.0 GPA to keep the scholarship. I know that a 3.0 is a middle B (B- is 2.7), and I was wondering how difficult it is to maintain a 3.0 in the school of engineering? I'm quite focused and dedicated to school and I will definitely make school my priority when I'm there, but I don't want to slip under a 3.0 and suddenly be thousands of dollars in debt!</p>

<p>I have a 5.37 weighted GPA out of 5 and a 3.7/4.0 unweighted core-classes (math, science, English, social science, foreign language) GPA in high school and got a 33 on my ACT, in case any of that info helps.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for your help. :)</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at Purdue in engineering, and I got a 3.53 my first semester. I was worried because I have e presidential scholarship and need my 3.0, but it wasn’t too difficult. I worked hard at school and had a part time job in addition to rushing a sorority, so a 3.0 is manageable.</p>

<p>Honestly, most people I know in Engineering (mainly Electrical, since that’s my major) have a 3.0 or above. It’s definitely an achievable goal. My personal experience has been that people who don’t get a 3.0 tend to be slackers or need to adjust to college-style classes since their high school classes were really easy.</p>

<p>The fact that you said “I’m quite focused and dedicated to school and I will definitely make school my priority when I’m there” makes me feel you should be fine.</p>

<p>Just remember: if you do end up struggling, regroup: figure out if you need to change your study habits, get on top of your readings if you need to, talk to your professors if you’re not understanding certain topics, go to office hours etc. </p>

<p>Basically, the resources at Purdue are there, you just need to utilize them and you should do fine.</p>

<p>Thanks for the tips!</p>

<p>At a Purdue’s for Me visit a few weeks ago the ME advisor said that about 80% of the engineering students get a 3.2 their first year.</p>

<p>I was surprised it was that high.</p>