Direct entry nursing and ap/ib credits

<p>I was wondering if there was a point to ap and ib credits if you are doing a direct entry nursing program</p>

<p>Most colleges like to see that you challenged yourself and took some AP/IB/dual enrollment credits( if available) and that you did well on them. It definitely helps with admissions to direct-entry nursing, especially if the program is competitive. It doesnt really help you to graduate early, since the curriculum is tight and you need a certain amt of clinical, however, it may lighten your load as you can often get out of taking things like Eng 101/102, Psych 101, Stats, other required math, foriegn language etc if you do well enough. My d also used many AP and dual enrollment credits towards Gened requirements, which is making her schedule easier.</p>

<p>My daughter’s direct entry program requires 128 credits. She was able to avoid taking 18 credits one semester because of her AP credits. She also took an online summer class that is loosening up her schedule so she can continue to play varsity volleyball during the Fall. </p>

<p>My d’s DE credits are allowing her to finish a minor in addition to the major (nursing program is 135 hrs with just major and gen eds), get some vocal performance work in, and take some classes which will keep some graduate options open. She started college as a credit hour sophomore, but the nursing curriculum is so tight and so specific, that graduating early really wasn’t ever an option.</p>

<p>^^My d was considered a sophomore when she started as well…and now going into sophomore year is considered a junior which allowed her to register for her fall classes much earlier than most of her friends…I forgot to mention that as being a huge benefit of coming in with credits… early registration enables her to get classes in that would be full otherwise.</p>

<p>Depends on the school. Because the nursing curriculum is so regimented, nursing students register first at d’s school.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the help</p>