Do all UCs send a snail mail acceptance letter?

Just curious. It’s my first time going through this process with my daughter. I wondered whether they send a paper copy of the letter like they did “in my day” with a sticker or something. haha

If they do, does it generally come fairly quickly after the portal decision release?

We received a big glossy promotional brochure along with the acceptance letter in the mail from UCB about a week or so after the portal acceptance. I don’t think there were any stickers or anything? But it was still fun to get mail :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think most of the UCs send some sort of mailing. Some send stickers. Others send a fold out poster to take a picture with and post to social media.

3 Likes

I’m looking back through the booklet I put together for my son two years ago, and it seems we got hard copy of the letter from all except UCSB (they just sent a brochure). He didn’t apply to Irvine, Merced or Riverside so I don’t know about those. And he was only ever waitlisted at Cal, so I also don’t know about that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But the others — copy of letter, brochure, etc. Santa Cruz sent a little certificate. Davis sent stickers. Nothing fancier than that.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. That’s fun. I’ll have her keep an eye on the mailbox. :slight_smile:

2 Likes