Do dental schools require four years of undergrad?

I’m in a unique position where instead of taking AP credits I took dual enrollment courses at a college nearby and earned an associates degree while simultaneously using those credits to satisfy my high school credits. I’m using my two years worth of credits for undergrad to shave off a few years. However, will dental schools look at this and think that I only went to college for two years and I’m not ready?

They’ll look to see that you have a BA/BS or other undergrad degree regardless of how many years it takes. Then they’ll look to see that you have the prerequisite coursework they require and appropriate GPA and test scores.

Have you been working on your dental ECs? Shadowing a dentist(D1’s school requires 100 hours), doing research, volunteering, school clubs, athletics: all these need to be completed when you file your application June 1 before your senior year. If you are thinking of going to dental school directly after your senior year in college, this will be very difficult to accomplish. Plus you will need dedicated time junior year to study for the DAT to get a score that will get you an interview. You only get 3 tries and you don’t want to waste them. Many students take a gap/glide year after graduation to have the best application possible and take the time to do additional research, work/volunteer for a dentist or clinic, retake the DAT, build the resume.

As people say on CC this is a journey, not a sprint. Your application needs to be more than grades and a DAT score, because the successful applicants all have that. Dental schools are not impressed by those who rush. You would be 19 or 20 when you start your application, very young compared to your cohort.

Take time to think this through very carefully. Be absolutely sure you want to be a dentist.