Do UC's accept grades that got a C-?

So I’m a freshman right now at a 4 year university and I got a C- in my English course and I know it’s a Gen Ed requirement. I’ve read where I needed a C for the courses to transfer to a UC, but is it really true? Since I got a C-, they won’t even consider me? I do plan on transfeering as a junior and the two UC’s I really want to try and get in are Santa Cruz and Irvine.

According to the UC transfer Website:::::

Complete the following 7-course pattern by the end of the spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC with a grade of C or higher:

Two transferable courses in English composition;

One transferable course in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning;

Four transferable college courses chosen from at least two of the following subject areas:
-arts and humanities
-social and behavioral sciences
-physical and biological sciences

They however allow you to repeat courses where you received a C- or lower.

Do they mean like repeat courses at the college I’m currently attending, or repeat it at the UC?

From the UC website:::

Repeated courses

A student is allowed to repeat each course in which a C-, D+, D, F or NP grade was originally earned, as many times as necessary, until the first time he or she earns a letter grade of C or better. The following rules apply:

-The replacement (repeat) course must have curriculum similar to the original course (the same content but not necessarily the same title).
-The new grade earned will replace the deficient grade in the GPA calculation. UC does not average the grades.
-All coursework (original and repeats) must be reported on the admission application.
-A non-honors course can be used as a repeat of an honors-level course.
-An honors-level course may be used as a repeat of a non-honors course.
-Repeat of C (2.0) grades is not allowed.
-Repeat of courses out of sequence is not allowed.
-Students may not repeat a lower-level course if a grade of D- or higher has already been earned in a higher-level course.
-UC courses must be repeated at UC, but not necessarily at the original campus.

It would probably be best to repeat at your 4 year university since the course content would be the same.