Do UC's ask counselors to rate your schedule?

I read that the Common App asks counselors to rate a schedule’s rigor. Do UC’s do this? I’m worried because my junior year schedule (which is supposed to be the hardest year?) isn’t very rigorous. I go to a small school, about 50 people per class. As a result, scheduling is very unflexible; each AP is taught in one period only. I was supposed to take 4 APs, but I could only fit in 3. And my elective couldn’t fit either, leaving me with a study hall… My schedule last year was very rigorous, and I’m worried that this decrease in intensity could raise eyebrows.

If this was the hardest schedule available to me, would my counselor mark most rigorous? What if somebody else is taking different sciences, and what if they are able to fit in 6 APs? Would that make my schedule ‘least rigorous’? I’m wondering if I could mention classes that were available to me and why I didn’t take them (i.e. “AP Calculus and AP Chemistry conflicted, so I was only able to take AP Calc”), but I feel like that would make me seem… whiny? lol. Maybe I should send them the master schedule.

also to avoid making another thread and cluttering this forum, did I make a mistake dropping Band for an honors class? A rigorous schedule outweighs one EC/elective class, right? thanks!

I don’t recall my daughter’s counselor doing anything for UC or Cal State applications.

Counselor recommendations are not part of the CSU/UC applications. The UC’s and CSU’s do know the rigor of all the California HS and how your student compares.